Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How sexual politics in the Episcopal Church affects churches in Africa

Started by Butterfly, March 21, 2009, 06:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butterfly

How sexual politics in the Episcopal Church affects churches in Africa
Virtue Online
by Faith J.H. McDonnell
March 20 2009

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=10117

A Sudanese priest recently had an eye-opening introduction to the U.S. Episcopal Church. John, a clergyman from the Episcopal Church of Sudan, sent an inquiry to the "justice missioner" on the website of the Diocese of Newark. The justice missioner responded to John's email and informed him that her focus was advocacy for people with disabilities, people of color, and the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex community.
  •  

Hazumu

NOTE:  The linked site is the part of the worldwide Anglican Church that is rebelling against the American Episcopal church for deigning to treat LGBT parishioners as equals.  I personally see it as a hate site.

Do NOT read the comments section if you can't handle over-the-top self-righteous hatred for LGBTs expressed (they allude that accepting LGBTs as equals in America is causing the Islamification of Africa.)

=K
  •  

Sandy

Wow!

I never knew that we had the power to destroy the global economy!  You would think that our cabal would want to keep the joy ride going for as long as possible.  And when did we get to be in charge of the Anglican Church in the US?!

Nobody tells me anything!!!  I kept reading the LGBT agenda like I'm supposed to, but they never mentioned that we have become this powerful!

I might even cash out and retire!  I think I'll buy that little island in the Caribbean I've had my eye on...

*sheesh!* Do any of those people even READ what they are posting???

-Sandy(it really is a tiny island...)
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •