Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Turn that s*** up

Started by Sophie90, February 12, 2009, 02:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lachlann

Quote from: Vesper on February 27, 2009, 03:51:38 AM
I am so guilty of this, or at least used to be.  Now I use headphones a lot, but that's just because I get embarassed about the music I listen to.  And I live in a place with a landlord as opposed to a dorm room.

But when there are few consequences aside from angry neighbors, I will blast it 24/7.  I want to feel music as much as hear it.
I hear you on that. I have a very broad taste in music and I like to play it loud... it's going to suck when I'm in an apartment.

*chuckles* It's certainly amusing to read the 'malicious' posts in this thread though.
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

Natalie3174

Do you have thin walls. If so Id consider moving. I had thin walls in a place with a couple of gay guys next to me and believe me hearing them have sex was kinda weird for me. Drunken men having sex in a room next door is kind of yucky. But thats just how I feel..
I tried putting a matress up against hte wall and it helped absorb the sound a bit.
Maybe you could sound proof your house a bit with egg cartons or something ..It's something us musicians do to avoid the POlice being called when we practice.
  •  

Sophie90

Eh, fairly thin walls...

I'm only here until June and I'm not going to get anywhere better, so moving would be a drastic step.

I've never heard him get laid though lol, I suppose he might just be quiet.
  •  

Alyssa M.

Quote from: Blueflare on February 27, 2009, 05:22:45 PM
I've never heard him get laid though lol,

Why am I not surprised? ;)

Drums are good, and anything that involves hammers, drills, and circular saws early in the morning.

For recorded music, loud hip-hop is good, but here's the key: make sure you have BIG subwoofers, and make sure the CD is scratched a few tracks in, and leave it on when you go out. (I knew someone who lived upstairs from some guys on the football team who used to do this.)
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

V M

Spiders, Reptiles, Loud Music and Power tools....

Virginia loves the way this thread is progressing  :laugh: >:-) :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Unconditional Acceptance

Hmmmm.....I was thinking some soundtracks from really annoying musicals (like High School Musical or Hairspray). Or you could play "Cell Block Tango" from Chicago, it's about a bunch of murderesses in prison who killed off husbands/boyfriends for whatever reason. If you want to see it as a potential solution, here ya go:

Cell Block Tango from "Chicago"

But nevermind my sadistic humor. Good luck!  :P

-Shannon
  •  

tekla

1. Drunken men having sex in a room next door is kind of yucky.
Yeah, but if it had been two hot babes, you could have sold tickets.

2. really annoying musicals
And exactly what musical is not really annoying?
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Shana A

One word    B>-bleeped-<ipes   ;D

Z
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

tekla

No, B>-bleeped-<ipes and BANJOS.  A match made in hell.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Unconditional Acceptance

Quote from: tekla on March 23, 2009, 10:23:22 AM
2. really annoying musicals
And exactly what musical is not really annoying?

The Lion King, of course. And The Nightmare Before Christmas.  :laugh:
  •