Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Were You On HRT When You Had Electro?

Started by Julie Marie, August 22, 2006, 05:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie Marie

At the end of my session yesterday I told my electrologist "Two years from now all this will be gone! I can't wait!" She immediately replied, "Oh, it won't take two years! You'll be done before that."  She then told me being on HRT helps speed up the process as there's no testosterone fueling new hair growth.

If I keep going once a week and for one hour sessions, like I have, that means less than 100 hours.  I've heard girls say they had up to 300 hours of electro.  What's the difference?  I doubt it's beard density because she told me I had a heavy beard and it would take longer than normal. I'm just a bit confused.  ???

Can anyone enlighten me?
[/font][/color]
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Buffy

Hi Julie,

Unfortunately taking hormones does not have a dramatic effect on facial hair growth. The only way of removing testosterone totally from the body is to remove the testes. Yes the rest of the body does benefit and I was body hair free after a year on hormones.

Estrogen plus an anti-androgen (Androcur, Spironolactone) have a combined effect on Testostrerone by supressing the levels in the body but you cannot stop production only reduce the overall level. The anti-androgen is required to block the testosterone,otherwise the free estrogen in the body is swamped by the testosterone and feminization is reduced.

Facial hair is one of the Male secondary sex characteristics and once established needs very little testosterone to grow, taking hormones may slow this down.

Like Tinkerbell I was nearly 300 hours as it may take many treatments of the same hair until the blood supply is finally stopped.Each treatment will weaken a hair and it grows back finner until finally killed.

Buffy
  •  

Julie Marie

Quote from: Buffy on August 22, 2006, 09:43:35 PMit may take many treatments of the same hair until the blood supply is finally stopped.Each treatment will weaken a hair and it grows back finer until finally killed.

This is what I always heard and accepted.  Then in conversation with my therapist I told her how a friend who's being treated by the same electrologist (I went on her recommendation) said once that hair is treated it's gone, forever.  My therapist replied, "That's how it's supposed to be if they know what they are doing."  My electrologist agrees.  She told me if she has to go back and treat a hair again she didn't do it right the first time.  I've been told she has developed a system where she goes a bit deeper as the current is being applied.  She has a school of electrolysis and teaches her methods there.  She calls other methods 'traditional' and said traditional does require several treatments on the same hair. 

I did my research and asked around the community and everyone who has used her says the same thing, once she treats a hair, it's gone.  If other electrologists require two or three times to kill a hair follicle, that explains the higher hours it took to complete the treatment.

We'll see if I have the same experience as others did.  Time will tell.  Thanks for your replies ladies.
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •