Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The start of Laser?

Started by TheBattler, May 09, 2008, 06:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanna

i could not take the pain either, i found electro much easier for me and ofc alot more permanent.

your all verry brave
  •  

luna

Thanks Jessica. And I do have a fast metabolism (partially due to corticosteroids for severe asthma) and very good circulation. o.O;

But yes, it was quite painful. And I didn't do anything. xD

•  

Valerie Elizabeth

I hate to sound macho, but I thought the pain was pretty light.

I guess that I either have a really high tolerance for pain, or something.  I got really good results from one session, and I didn't think it really hurt at all.

I think that a rubber band snap is pretty accurate, albeit a big rubber band.
"There comes a point in life when you realize everything you know about yourself, it's all just conditioning."  True Blood

"You suffer a lot more hiding something than if you face up to it."  True Blood
  •  

luna

That's what I was expecting, a rubberband snap type pain. I don't think it makes you more or less "macho" purely from the amount of pain you feel, though. That's something beyond your control.

•  

snowy

Generally speaking women have a better pain tolerance than men. Or so the common saying is anyway.
  •  

luna

Quote from: snowy on March 18, 2009, 07:28:29 AM
Generally speaking women have a better pain tolerance than men. Or so the common saying is anyway.
My sister has way more pain tolerance than I do, but so does my dad.

...and mom...

...and all of my cousins.

I'm just a wimp.

•  

Ms Jessica

Hi luna--
It does get better.  As the hair gets thinner, there's less to absorb the laser energy, and so it doesn't hurt as much.  I'd probably guess that the coarseness of the hair is also going to affect energy absorption, and therefore, pain. 
The power of the laser has something to do with it, too.  Lower settings won't hurt as much.  They're not as efficacious, but you also don't have to worry as much about getting burned. 

My operator upped the power on my last visit quite a bit, so that even with numbing cream it was pretty bad. 
  •  

luna

Well it's good I can look forward to less pain in upcoming visits. Maybe not the next couple... but it's good there's hope!

Thanks everyone. ;D

•