Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

post-laser questions

Started by FairyGirl, March 31, 2009, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FairyGirl

okie I just got back from my first laser treatment- was better and also worse than I expected. The pain wasn't too bad; the woman doing it is an RN and she numbed me up pretty well before hand, as well as using some kind of cooling gel and a fan. Some spots hurt like hades though.

I'm mostly concerned about some splotchy dark red patches now on my neck- they look awful! Not all over, just more around the edges. Is this normal? Will they go away soon? Their info sheet did mention something about bruising, and I guess this is what it most looks like, but doesn't feel bruised (I'm still a bit numbed lol) I'd really appreciate hearing any of your experiences with this.

Thanks and hugs,
Chloe
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

lizbeth

hi Chloe :)

that's completely normal and should pass within a few hours. I don't know if bruising is the term I would use, more like mini sunburns to me. there is a post laser cream that helps with cooling your face afterwards.

it's also not uncommon to develop folliculitis for a week after your session. it's actually progress, but it's horrible having those bumps!
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

My face felt like it was sunburned for the afternoon (couple hours).  I also did have some spots that were redder than others.

Also, in about a week or so you are going to start shedding that hair, so just FYI.
"There comes a point in life when you realize everything you know about yourself, it's all just conditioning."  True Blood

"You suffer a lot more hiding something than if you face up to it."  True Blood
  •  

FairyGirl

oh good, then no worries  :) Thank you for your replies!  ;)

Girls rule, boys drool.
  •  

Alyssa M.

You can get some cortizone cream if it doesn't go away by the next morning. I haven't needed it, but my laser tech recommended it. Make sure you don't go too high in intensity of the laser. You can have her turn it down next time if this time was a problem.

By the way -- the hair shedding stage is relly annoying. Actually, I felt really itchy and uncomfortable until it fell out. After that -- yay! What a difference! The best money I've ever spent. :)
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

FairyGirl

Thanks Alyssa  :) I have some cortizone cream and I think I'll try it- it seems to have gotten worse after the sun went down- like sunburn does I reckon 

Girls rule, boys drool.
  •