News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Dating Tips for Non-Ops

Started by fae_reborn, April 01, 2009, 10:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter

Quote from: SarahFaceDoom on July 16, 2009, 03:11:18 AM
Also some might say that the connection online is somewhat more intense, since generally the focus is on who you are, and not how you look.

From online relationship experience (only dating experience) it is more intense. If I had a choice between a real life relationship and an online one it'd be hard for me to choose
  •  

Annwyn

Quote from: Fae on July 16, 2009, 12:26:30 PM

Irregardless

Ugh.

My brain inverts itself into a black hole everytime I hear that word.
  •  

SarahFaceDoom

Quote from: Autumn on July 16, 2009, 03:28:36 AM
Annwyn put it out there with less sugar coating than I think is appropriate, but it's a dose of realism. A lot of young people, or people with abnormal situations (of which being TS/TG falls under) fall into the online trap.

I've done it. Hell I didn't kiss anyone til I was 20 and that was someone that I'd gotten to know as a friend online for a long time.

But it's not the same thing at all. It really isn't. Second life is not a substitute for real life, and in the long run it just makes you more lonely when you focus your attentions on an escape instead of advancement.

There was a point when just the whole having someone there who cared thing was the world to me, and don't get me wrong, it helped me in my darkest times. But my life got much better once I found real people. Better to make changes to your station and appearance in life rather than your avatar in a game. And better to grow stronger as a person and individual, because there will be plenty of times in your life when you will feel alone and unloved, and you have to learn to deal with that.

The other thing is that fantasies are often just that - fantasies. If significant portions of your development as an individual and in relationships are just fantasies, then when you actually are exposed to them, it may go very differently than you expected. Cybersex in a corset is fun, real sex in a corset is kind of uncomfortable.

You're wrong though.  I mean, you're right for you.  But not for everyone.  Some people can and do make intense personal connections in these areas, and I find it slightly offensive to denigrate them, because the emotions and feelings involved in them, ARE real.  People kill themselves over online relationships.  And you may see that as a sad statement of affairs, but I see it as a slight change in the equation. 

This is where we are as a society, and we're only going to go further.

I mean, not for nothing, but we're having this conversation over the internet.  It's not somehow less of a conversation just because it's in this medium.

The internet allows for an expansion of the mind into places, peoples, and information you may not have otherwise had access to.  It's up to you to do what you want with that after that.  But I don't think you can legitimately criticize someone in such a harsh way.

It's not worse.  It's diffrent.

I'd rather someone be able to make those connections on the internet than be alone with no social outlet whatsoever.

Without the internet, I don't know if I would have met and fallen in love with my current girlfriend.  It allowed both of us to experience each other in a very full way before we even met.  We were friend recommended on facebook through a mutual link we didn't even know we had.  And it's worked out really really well.
  •  

Annwyn

Quote from: Vega on July 16, 2009, 02:47:12 PM
From online relationship experience (only dating experience) it is more intense. If I had a choice between a real life relationship and an online one it'd be hard for me to choose

That's so sad.

I'm really sorry for you:(
  •  

tekla

Oh Anwynn, I do so love you, if for no other reason than when you are right, you are so right.  (as for the other reasons, my GF would kill me).
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Annwyn

Quote from: tekla on July 17, 2009, 12:50:59 AM
Oh Anwynn, I do so love you, if for no other reason than when you are right, you are so right.  (as for the other reasons, my GF would kill me).

Thank you!  Your gf?  Is she trans or gg?

Oh and one more thing to add:

A transwoman has two major options for romance in her life:

She can be completely anal about any attention she recieves from anyone because she's paranoid of it not being genuine or them liking her as something less than a woman(despite the boobs and the face and all the other womanly things about her)/

Or you have the girls who are all about the extra attention they get for being trans and wind up engaged and happy early in transition and have a supportive man in their life up to and after surgery.

:D
  •  

fae_reborn

Quote from: Annwyn D'Fenwyr on July 17, 2009, 09:24:32 AM
A transwoman has two major options for romance in her life:

She can be completely anal about any attention she recieves from anyone because she's paranoid of it not being genuine or them liking her as something less than a woman(despite the boobs and the face and all the other womanly things about her)/

Or you have the girls who are all about the extra attention they get for being trans and wind up engaged and happy early in transition and have a supportive man in their life up to and after surgery.

:D

What would you say the option for Non-Ops would be?
  •  

Walter

Quote from: Annwyn D'Fenwyr on July 17, 2009, 12:49:12 AM
That's so sad.

I'm really sorry for you:(

Pardon me if I'm wrong but I assume this is supposed to be offensive..because if it's one thing I've learned from this website it's that I'm not liked. Why are you sorry for me? I actually enjoy online relationships unlike 90% of other people
  •  

Annwyn

Non-ops have it lucky because they're the ideal candidate for an overwhelming amount of very interested men, and women too believe it or not.

Oh and ms interwebs dating, I'm glad you can find satisfaction and connection through a monitor.  It's not offensive, a tad bit sarcastic to be sure.

The internet is a big place, but so is the world around you.
  •  

fae_reborn

Quote from: Annwyn D'Fenwyr on July 17, 2009, 04:32:45 PM
Non-ops have it lucky because they're the ideal candidate for an overwhelming amount of very interested men, and women too believe it or not.

But would those very interested men and women be interested because they see us as women, or as something else?
  •  

finewine

Quote from: Fae on July 17, 2009, 04:58:17 PM
But would those very interested men and women be interested because they see us as women, or as something else?

Both :) Women with a little "extra", not either-or.  I think the "something else" is really the attraction for those who are only interested because they want to fulfill a sexual fantasy only, with no interest in "you-the-woman".
  •  

Annwyn

Guys who want to SCREW you are more likely to just wanna see what a chick with a dick is like.

Guys who want to LOVE you want to love you for the woman you are.

Durdadurrrr.
  •  

finewine

•  

Genevieve Swann

Online relationships can be fun. I have received some very interesting love letters from admirers in different parts of the world. One guy in Argentina said he is willing to pay for my transition. Most are probably lying. I found another CD who lives close by and met him in person once. Guess what. The individual was not the same person in the profile photo. The photo showed a fairly young attractive lady who might be fun to shop with and go out and about. Reality check! He's an elderly pervert. A closet queen who is into bondage and S/M. I consider myself a lady first and foremost. When I do feel a little frisky it is with someone very special.

fae_reborn

Quote from: finewine on July 17, 2009, 06:21:55 PM
Both :) Women with a little "extra", not either-or.  I think the "something else" is really the attraction for those who are only interested because they want to fulfill a sexual fantasy only, with no interest in "you-the-woman".

The difficulty lies in avoiding those types who have no interest in "me-the-woman" because that's who I am!  Why would I want to be with someone who isn't interested in that?  Doesn't make any sense  :D

Quote from: Annwyn D'Fenwyr on July 17, 2009, 06:40:42 PM
Guys who want to SCREW you are more likely to just wanna see what a chick with a dick is like.

Guys who want to LOVE you want to love you for the woman you are.

Durdadurrrr.

Thanks for putting it so bluntly Annwyn, I sort of figured that.  :P

I want someone in the 2nd category.
  •  

Annwyn

I make a lot of money from people in the first category.

I make a tremendous more amount by the people who want to buy my love and see me regularly.
  •  

Vancha

I agree I don't like online relationships.  However, it's less about the physical aspect and more about the extensive dramas over "not being close enough" and whatnot.  It's just so juvenile at this point.

As for the rest of this thread - well, if you care more about money and sex than genuine relationships, go ahead and sell your body.  I don't think - or at least hope - that many feel this way. ;)
  •  

Virginia87106

I have a beautiful mixed gender body.  Those who I allow to taste....are truly honored and blessed.
  •  

rachelanne

I would just love to go on a date sometime.  My wife and I have an open relationship where we can date when we want.  My problem is I can't find someone interested.  I've tried the online and TG/TS dating sites.  My problem is that I'm a long way from being the little cute 20 or 30 somethings the frequent the sites.  If I could find someone who wanted to date me, I would tell them up front about my non-op status.  Then if they still want to take me out, there's nothing in the way of having a wonderful time.
  •  

xsocialworker

Pre-op or non-op women make up most the HIV/AIDS cases in the SAMHSA program I was associated with. Get tested!
  •