Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Told mom everything, heart going WAYYYY to fast

Started by Coatl, April 18, 2009, 01:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coatl

Well just a few minutes ago I told my mom everything, i am freaking out but i did, shes not the happiest, a little shocked, but shes ok with it, she pulled the whole you didn't think this through long enough crap, I've been thinking since i was a little kid, but by the time all is said and done shes supportive, beginning therapy soon now, so if there's any advice or encouragement. Im a little worried im bad at speaking how i feel but spending a life hidden and silent is poor for social skills, i don't want this to backfire on me, very worried on this. I have so much on my mind right now, i know completely what I want, to be female as i should have been, so worrying of a therapist saying, no youl be happy on this depression medication, now try this, then wait to long for someone to approve i miss a chance to get good results etc that comes from beginning young, etc. Anyone with any advice to this? Im probably just overthinking things, ive been known to do this.
  •  

Paulina

Congratulations, really that is a good reply by your mother. It will take time I suppose for her to come around all the way, but at least she didn't disown you or worse situation. She accepted you in a way... hopefully she doesn't think through and it gets worse. However what happens now you were brave, and you reach a point where I bet many others never reach.... and live a life that they don't want too. You're an inspiration! Good luck in your life! I hope all goes well and you reach your happiness.
  •  

Coatl

thank you for the support, she seems to be ok, its been awhile since we spoke and shes a little quiet to me, shes still talking and such, i understand the shock, but im glad shes supportive no matter my choice, that's all i can ask or desire :) If she later changes her mind or such i have a backup plan, Misty and Athena have an extra bedroom and are more than happy to adopt their lil sis for awhile if all hell breaks loose.
  •  

Kaitlyn

Congratulations!  I know how hard that can be - I just came out to MY parents this past Saturday, and I'm still jittery.  I hope your mom will warm up to the idea, but it must be great just to have her accept your decision.
"The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."
— Plutarch
  •  

Paulina

Do you think your father is going to take it the bad way or the good way? He might affect the whole situation.

I am avoiding my father (doesn't live with us) when I tell him, he is just going to find out afterwards after everything.

I still think you have a good thing going on, she accepted you! What are the chances of her then to go on reject you, she's probably thinking tons of stuff in her head. Remembering the signs of this early in the childhood.
  •  

Coatl

My dad ide expect to take it alot more readily.. i accidentally told my mom tired of hiding things. She was the one i expected to kick me out. Weve decided ima do the therapy and when i begin hormones we will tell him just in case worse comes to worse, the parents are since divorced so wont be a big problem but i do respect the man for all he has done, but support or not im going through with this, its what i truly want :) Im still so happy shes supportive, it makes planning so much easier and less sneaky ha!
  •  

Cindy

Great news Coatl.
I've been suprised throughout my journey how readily people accept you. My parents didn't but that was a different era.

My sister, sisters -in-law and bro-laws don't have a problem and it was literally sprung on them coming through the front door and seeing me.

So far I've not had a negative reaction. I go out to bars with friends and no one has said anything. I did once order a glass of wine and the waitress said she needed to go to the cellar for a new bottle and she said I will bring a glass too you. Jockingly I asked if she would recognise me. She said yes you're the good looking lady at the table over there. :D

Hope it all goes well
LoL
Cindy James
  •  

Coatl

I understand the surprise Cindy, ha i was freaking out so much, things are a little uneasy but all is beginning now thankfully. great to hear how the rest of your family took it, mine sortof is going that way, told my aunt before mom and she very readily accepted and supported me without hesitation.

haha, great story Cindy, i should try that question on someone from the past a few years from now ;)
  •  

Steffi

I'm so very glad that it went well for you.   8)
As was remarked above, mother MAY yet go through a bit of a more negative phase as she digests all this, so be prepared for that if it does happen so that you don't fly off the handle at the apparent sudden reversal and escalate the problem.
It will pass.
To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)
I started out with nothing..... and I still have most of it left.
  •  

Coatl

can do, im used to her bipolar side, so i can be adapt to the brooding side, i wont hold anything against her, just one step at a time, gona do what i can to help her but this transition comes first to finally enjoy life.
  •