Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Switching from "pre-op" to "non-op" for reasons other than health or money?

Started by suzifrommd, November 13, 2013, 06:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilacwoman

surgery was an absolute essential for me as women don't have penises and wanting to swim and play on women's teams would have been an embarrassment to me and them if I had a penis.

as for pain or operations - it all passes.

Why would TS want breasts but want to retain a penis?
  •  

Roberta W

Hi ... Agree with you completely!  I was basically stating the same thing, but giving those who are avoiding the SRS one more good reason to move forward.  Roberto
It took a lot of doing, but I take a lot of pride in what I am.
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: Roberto on December 26, 2013, 01:26:52 PM
Hi ... Agree with you completely!  I was basically stating the same thing, but giving those who are avoiding the SRS one more good reason to move forward.  Roberto

And what of those that can't have surgery? Medically, it's simply not an option for me. I'm not avoiding it, I just can't have it. I'm not going to let it stop me from being me though.

•  

MadelineB

Quote from: lilacwoman on December 26, 2013, 12:23:33 PM
surgery was an absolute essential for me as women don't have penises and wanting to swim and play on women's teams would have been an embarrassment to me and them if I had a penis.

as for pain or operations - it all passes.

Why would TS want breasts but want to retain a penis?
In the US alone, half a million women with penises who are living as women would disagree.

Many women have penises. Many men don't. The world is not the same as when we older folks grew up. Even then, 90+ % of transsexuals never had bottom surgery, even though any thought that society gave us was driven by the (now discredited) medicos who insisted that surgery defined whether one was a man or a woman.

It is still a wonderful way to relieve dysphoria for some men and some women, but surgery does not make one a man or a woman, and it does not define what you can do in life and who you can do it with.

Most schools etc have gotten away from shared open showers and locker rooms especially on the women's side, so tucking is not a problem like it was. And for every person who would exclude you for having non-standard anatomy, there is another person who won't.

I can tell you, having non-standard anatomy for your gender does NOT preclude you from enjoying the activities of your life, though it sometimes requires educating your sisters or adjusting (literally) how you do things. People respond to confidence, ease in your own skin, and genuineness.

It doesn't help the original poster to answer that you don't see any reason besides money and medical reasons to not have the surgery. That may be why she was asking it, that she didn't know either. Its ok not to know.

The answer is really quite simple for voluntary non-ops. Like any other thing that you can do, but chose not to do, those who don't have a major operation that will change their body forever, even though they could, just know that at least for now and maybe for always, it is not for them, maybe because they don't need it to make them whole, maybe because there are different kinds of wholeness and they have already found the kind(s) of wholeness that their soul needs.

You won't see many voluntary non-ops talking about it because it is a magnet for abuse from old-school folks who believe that genitals make the woman or the man, and who therefore will find a way to deny your manhood or womanhood for not having a manhood or a womanhood (in the medieval use of the word). You also won't find many long term voluntary non-ops on this site because they have resolved all the issues in their lives through their own version of transition and affirmation and find the discussions here no longer relevant or interesting.

It does not in any way reduce the dysphoria, or medical need, of the woman who needs GCS that there are other women who do not need it, and the medical field recognizes this. Every person's situation and needs are different. Viva la difference! And listen to the heart- it knows.

History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive
  •  

Lana P

Ever since I transitioned I have been on the fence about whether or not to have grs, srs whatever you wanna call it. Just with in the last year or so people born in Ontario, Canada can change their birth records including their health cards to the chosen gender with out having any form of geintal surgery.

I went ahead and changed mine as well have had a orchiectomy. A part of me would like srs but then a part of me does not want it. Reasons are the complications that can happen with srs and will I be happier after it. I don't dislike or even hate my penis. Unlike some people who do. And as far as my birth certificate and records now say female I'm female.

People don't know that I am trans to look at me unless they know what to look for. And for the most part where I live I blend in with everyone else. Also people who get orchis are considered post-op just not in the sense of having things removed and inverted. I've never been 100% happy with who I am and I don't think that would change if I go through srs. Transition is such a bitch and to how far is a person willing to go and then have things not work out and then you're stuck with genitals that are all f$%ked up what if.

Ugh.
  •