Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Pictures, before and well, now

Started by shannonts, April 20, 2009, 01:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shannonts

Ok Heres a few pictures. I want some opinions on my progress. I havent started dressing or anything like that. But I am looking for a little honesty. I think my friends are lying to me!!! They tell me I look great, but...

This is me 6 months ago. A few months before I started taking hormones.

Heres another one. Its not as dark as the last one. This one was taken about 2 weeks after I started back in december 08.

This one was taken yesterday at the childrens museum by my daughter. I picked the goofy hat!

This one was taken last night before I went to sleep.

Ive been on hormones now for about 4 months now, so not very long. I havent had any electrology done yet. Im not wearing any type of makeup, and Im not dressed. Just plain old me. So what do ya think???? Please, please, please, be honest. Thats why Im putting these up here. Thanks. ;D

•  

V M

You look like Christopher Reeves. Sorry, just being honest

Christopher Reeves was rather good looking
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

shannonts

Quote from: Virginia Marie on April 20, 2009, 01:04:59 AM
You look like Christopher Reeves. Sorry, just being honest

Christopher Reeves was rather good looking
Thanks, though Im not going for the attractive guy look!  ;D
  •  

Paulina

Honestly, you look the same just without facial hair.

But you look really attractive in the last one. Maybe your body change more. You remind me of Sebastian Rulli.

http://u.univision.com/contentroot/uol/art/images/tv/nov/2004/08/pa_sebastian_rulli4_7_08090.jpg
  •  

V M

As I understand, it takes about a year or so for the hormones to have much of a true effect. First you look more youthful and then the fem. appearance begins to become more appearant.
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Kaitlyn

You do look like a slimmer, softer Christopher Reeves in that last one.  Not to worry though, your face has gotten a lot more feminine since you started, and it's very early yet.
"The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."
— Plutarch
  •  

V M

Was I right? A young Christopher Reeves. You could go to Hollywood and be in a movie about the actor

- V M
  •  

Jay

Kelsi,

You face has sort of softerned.. or it might be because you have shaved.. dunno. But it definetly looks softer to me. :)

Jay

•  

Vicky

I haven't started hormones YET, but even I was told (and believe) that an ATTITUDE can be one of the first things that helps change your looks toward those of a more serene and relaxed person that in MTF's puts a glow on you that is distinctly feminine.  Its something a little different in FTM's, but it does the same thing, by making their faces a little more confident. In the early stages of anything its the symbolism of just taking your meds that will help you on your way.  Your daughter being the one who took the picture means she accepts you for what you are, and that is an attitude booster if I can begin to think of any!!!  Its probably a real booster shot to your hormones that will speed things up immensely.  ;)
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •  

Suzy

I see no reason why you will not feminize very well.  You have the added bonus of your hair being very nice and full, too.

Kristi
  •  

Kaelin

I'm going to have to agree that you still look like a man, but your hormones have taken the edge off.  Your older ones were unapologetically masculine in the face, whereas the second to the last picture shows potential for tipping over.
  •  

shannonts

Cool, thanks everyone. I look in the mirror, and I see the same face I had 4 months ago. Which I pretty much still do, except its looking better. I lack patience at times, its good to be reminded how few months Ive been taking hormones. So again, thanks everyone! ;D
  •  

V M

At least you have some good features. Look at me, plain Jane, showing age and wearing glasses

- V M
  •  

Janet_Girl

I still see the same old face after a year on HRT.  But people have told me that they do see a definitely see a changes.  In fact I was told the other day that someone thought I was 40ish.  and I just turned 55.

And I agree than you look like Christopher Reeves, but that will change as HRT proceeds.  So don't worry now but keep the pictures to see the changes for yourself.  Unfortunately I didn't do that because I killed him off about 6 months ago.

Janet

Quote from: Virginia Marie on April 20, 2009, 11:01:09 PM
At least you have some good features. Look at me, plain Jane, showing age and wearing glasses

No you're not. You're a pretty lady.

•  

shannonts

Quote from: Virginia Marie on April 20, 2009, 11:01:09 PM
I think your beautiful sweety.  I tell my friends who say Ill be ugly as a woman, "I dont care if I look like my face has been dipped in acid, as long as I pass and am happy with myself."  Youve got the passing part, now you just need the happy part!   :D

Post Merge: April 20, 2009, 11:10:37 PM

Quote from: Janet Lynn on April 20, 2009, 11:01:43 PM
I still see the same old face after a year on HRT.  But people have told me that they do see a definitely see a changes.  In fact I was told the other day that someone thought I was 40ish.  and I just turned 55.

And I agree than you look like Christopher Reeves, but that will change as HRT proceeds.  So don't worry now but keep the pictures to see the changes for yourself.  Unfortunately I didn't do that because I killed him off about 6 months ago.

Janet

No you're not. You're a pretty lady.
I remember you posted a before picture about a month ago. OMG, you do not look anywhere near like that dude! You look much younger, and prettier!!
  •  

Janet_Girl

Thank You, Kelsi. :icon_redface:

And yes that was my evil 'late' twin.

Janet
  •  

shannonts

Quote from: Janet Lynn on April 20, 2009, 11:20:20 PM
Thank You, Kelsi. :icon_redface:

And yes that was my evil 'late' twin.

Janet

Lol, late twin, love it! You are very welcome!
  •  

V M

Thank You my friends for the compliments. My late Evil twin may have scared you as much as he scares me. I'm looking for photos

- V M
  •