Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Pride.

Started by fluffy jorgen, September 18, 2009, 11:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluffy jorgen

Random question: What good is pride when it makes us look like stubborn fools in the end?
  •  

lisagurl

It does not matter what you look like only what you accomplish.
  •  

Miniar

When pride prevents you from seeing that others have things to be proud of too, then you've gone way too far.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Julie Marie

If pride is fueled by ego it loses its value.
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Carolyn

Pride only makes you look like a stubborn fool, if you are foolish enough to be controlled by it. I am very prideful about things, but only the things I know I'm good at, why let emotions like pride cloud my judgment? Pride is both good and bad, it just depends on how you use it, and for what reason.
  •  

LordKAT

It matters the difference between pride and hubris. Pride keeps you doing your best, hubris...is more ego
  •  

tekla

I always thought that Pride was one of the seven deadly sins, and in that group perhaps the uber sin, the real original sin is that of Pride.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Carolyn

Quote from: tekla on September 22, 2009, 07:10:48 AM
I always thought that Pride was one of the seven deadly sins

It is one of them

Pride
Gluttony
Greed
Wrath
Envy
Lust
Sloth

The Sin Deadly Sins, and I've have broken all of them!
  •  

tekla

The Sin Deadly Sins, and I've have broken all of them!

Pro Tip - If you start your pursuit of the Seven Deadly Sins with Sloth, you'll never break the other six.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

fluffy jorgen

Aye, I am very "slothful", so I'm not quite sure what made me think about the "pride".  ;)
  •