Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Life experience and Knowledge.

Started by fluffy jorgen, May 04, 2009, 05:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluffy jorgen

Something my mum said, triggered this off. She said: When you'll be my age you'll understand that life is this, this and this, not what you're making of it.

Has the older generation a lot more knowledge and experience than the younger generation or is it possible that those younger can be/ are actually wiser than those older?
  •  

Hildy

I'm what might be considered "old" (although I never think of myself that way), and am often surprised at how much I learn from people who are young enough to be my grandchildren!   ;D
  •  

Pica Pica

I live with an 87 year old holocaust survivor - a woman who has had a lot of time and traumatic events to gain wisdom, and she has some, but I like her best when she admits she is still making it up as she goes along. I think the 'when you get to my age' stuff represents a firming and solidity of world view more than anything.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

tekla

We're all making it up as we go.  At least she is cool enough to admit it.  Good on her.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Jay

I do believe we all have different experiance depending on where we are from/how we where brought up/ what has happened to us, and of course age is a factor.

Jay

•