Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Happy May Day!

Started by FairyGirl, May 01, 2009, 03:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cindybc

Hi Tekla I didn't post it with the intentions of a knit pic contests, I posted it because I wanted to share it with others, no ulterior motive intended. To be more specific, the thoughts in that composition were taken from the teachings that originate from Ojibwa 5 Nation of Ontario. Just expressing some thoughts and feelings.

Cindy
  •  

tekla

Well then dear, you should posit that they come from that source, for sure nations like the Pomo, Apache, or Sioux would not agree, though the Blackfeet and Kiowa might. There were nations that apparently didn't even have any conception of a great spirit, or a god, or a creation myth.  Happy those nations must have been.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Pica Pica

we've not had a proper may day riot in london for years
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

cindybc

No probs, I am aware that other nations have different beliefs, of which I am only knowledgeable to some degree on. In the Ojibwa 5 nations we come in contact with many other nations and have some of their belief sand legends as well they seem to have cross pollinate in time. I do not think it is not a bad thing. I have a very good friend in Tennessee who is Cherokee.

I quit any and all religious teachings because my thought of a God deferred greatly from theirs. My God is nature as I have touched on in that previous post, I follow my own heart when it comes to beliefs.

Thanks
Cindy

Quote from: tekla on May 02, 2009, 04:13:49 PM
Well then dear, you should posit that they come from that source, for sure nations like the Pomo, Apache, or Sioux would not agree, though the Blackfeet and Kiowa might. There were nations that apparently didn't even have any conception of a great spirit, or a god, or a creation myth.  Happy those nations must have been.
  •  

FairyGirl

Quote from: tekla on May 02, 2009, 02:46:41 PM
And why is this in a spirituality section when its all about workers and labor, for years the Catholics celebrated May Day as a fest for Mary, you know the virgin mother.
The Virgin Mother is just another aspect of the Goddess I reckon, much easier to convert the pagans if you let them transfer some of their beliefs over to your new religion. Spiritual belief systems serve the purpose of helping us to better focus on the divine, so whatever name you choose to give Her is fine with me. I and many of my fairy friends call her Daphne (Laurel). In any case, there are many "Virgin Mothers" in pagan mythology, Mary was easy enough to simply tack on the end of the list. Hey, we pagans are equal-opportunity Goddess worshippers ;)

not sure if you were asking why this post was here or why we're talking about worker's day, but this post was placed in the spirituality section because it is intended it to reflect my own spiritual beliefs as they pertain to this most sacred holiday to me, and to acknowledge the same for any others here that might share in those beliefs. Labor day or workers day or whatever is not what I personally celebrate on this day, but certainly to each his own: The fact is that most anything celebrated on May 1 (or May 5, etc...) involves drinking in some form anyway, so whatever floats your cork, the fairies are all for it. Just be sure to put back any toadstools you knock over lol

Happy May Day Miniar, Nichole, Tekla, Shades O'Grey, imaz, lisagurl, Cindy, and all who posted.

Peace, Love, and Pixieness, Chloe <3

Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

cindybc

Well Merry May Fairy Day. They should have Be Kind To Fairy days too there aint that many of us around anymore.  ;D

Cindy

•