Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Harry Potter

Started by BrianaLynne, July 16, 2009, 11:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianaLynne

Harry Potter..
DON'T SPOIL IT FOR ME.
Has anyone seen the new one and how'd you like it :)
xoxo
  •  

Zelane

Seen? you mean like the movies? I hope you havent watched the 4th one. Dont its a nasty spoilage movie.

Go read the books instead. Oh and *spoiler* dies.
  •  

BrianaLynne

Yes I mean the movie "The Half Blood Prince".
:) I read the books but it's been a while and I think I remember who dies.
  •  

Miniar

went to see it last night...

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't "good" either.
It cleared up some things, got other things started, and all in all felt like a transition movie. Like it was the "to be continued" following of the last one, ending in another "to be continued".
Yes, there were humorous events that made it "fun" none the less, but most of it was just a bit... bla.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Silver

Alright, a little funny too. But Radcliffe's a bit old (nothing we can do about that though.)

Too much teenaged angst/romance. It was like 75% of the movie.

My reader friend had told me it was butchered too, and I have to believe him. I read the book too long ago to remember it.

Not suspenseful or mysterious enough for me (it was like a mystery book to me.)

Cheers, hope you enjoy it.
SilverFang
  •  

CharleneT

Well shot, good CGI but the movie itself ends up boring.  The plot is telegraphed too much ( I know it is a kids movie but even so...).  It feels like a place holder for the next in the series.
  •