Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A Different Way of Working

Started by K8, May 06, 2009, 08:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K8

Today was one of our first decent days.  (We get a late spring here.)  I have a couple of old rosebushes in the lawn.  In fact, the grass grows up through the rose stalks and usually looks pretty messy.  In the past I have reached in and pulled up the grass in jerky motions, pausing now and then to pull thorns out of my gloves, and then rushing off to do the next bush.

Today, I carefully loosened the earth around the bushes and slowly worked as much of the grass roots out of the soil as I could.  I spent a happy two hours on the two bushes, ending by circling them with stones and covering the bare ground with mulch.  I got surprisingly few thorns.

So, is this new, slow, patient way of working due to the hormones or because I'm finally coming to be at peace with myself and the world?  Or both?

(When I came back inside I had a voice mail from a close male friend.  We had done a lot of guy things together.  His message: "Hey Kate, this is Bruce.  Bring the chainsaw when you come to lunch."  At lunch he said the message was a breakthrough in his feelings about my transition and told me I really haven't changed that much – in other words, we can still do things together even if I am a gal.  Quite a day.)

- Happily Kate
Life is a pilgrimage.
  •  

Ellieka

That's great news Kate. It so relieving when your friends are still your friends after you come out to them. I am happy for you :)
  •  

Sandy

Quote from: K8 on May 06, 2009, 08:18:10 PM
So, is this new, slow, patient way of working due to the hormones or because I'm finally coming to be at peace with myself and the world?  Or both?

- Happily Kate

Sounds like both to me, Kate.  No longer being at odds with your own body produces calm.

It is a transition for yourself and those around you.  And many will be surprised that "you" really haven't changed.  Just more of yourself, at peace.

Ain't it great?!

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

paulault55

That's so nice to hear, when we tell others we are transitioning from one gender to another they think everything about us will change and we won't be the same person. When i tell others i just say I'm doing a little remodeling on the outside and that the inside will still be the same.

HUGS!

Paula

I am a Mcginn Girl May 9 2011
  •