Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

RLE one day to next?

Started by asiants, May 18, 2009, 06:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekla

Most HS students are under 18, so that would require a parents deal for the meds or SRS, if you could find a Dr. to do them.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

K8

Quote from: Inanna on May 25, 2009, 08:10:18 PM
I agree, Kate, but... If I'm kicked out of my home or my religious college before I transfer, there'll be major consequences that go beyond inconvenient.

That's why I couldn't have the RLE required for hormones by most doctors, not to mention therapy's cost is out of my reach right now.  Thankfully I found an endo that prescribed them when I went to him in my new role and told him I was going to take them anyway. 

Perhaps I'm missing something.  (It wouldn't be the first time. ::))  What has RLE to do with hormones?  I started hormones before going full time.  I am not aware of any requirement to live in your target gender before being eligible for hormones, only the requirement to live full time in your target gender for at least a year before GRS.  Reading the posts on this forum, I seem to remember lots of gals who got hormones before going full time.

I think - and this is just my opinion - that therapy comes first.  I think you want to get your head on straight and come to terms with it inside you before you come out to others, before you start hormones, and certainly before you try to live full time.

While you are still in the religious college and before you start dealing with your family, you can still work toward your goal by working with someone to settle things inside your head.  You can build a nice solid foundation on which you will build the rest of your life.  Going on excursions as a woman - to the store or out with friends - can be part of that, but the main work needs to be done within.  Many places offer therapy on a sliding scale based on your ability to pay.  Or find a support group in a neighboring town.  Maybe you can do it without talking to someone else, but when I've lived too much inside my own head I've sometimes spiraled inward with unpleasant consequences.

And although your gender issues are THE BIG THING right now, there is much more to your life that needs attention.  Work on those so you will be in a position - psychologically, financially, emotionally, physically, etc. - to work on your gender issues when it is possible for you to do that.

End of rant.

Good luck to you.  You have wonderful possiblities ahead of you.  With a little patience you will get there.

*hugs*
Kate
Life is a pilgrimage.
  •