Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Piriformis remedies?

Started by Lachlann, May 20, 2009, 06:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lachlann

For the passed 6 months I've had an issue with my piriformis. I've done physio until we couldn't afford it anymore and I got a straight up injection of a relaxant right into the muscle and I'm still experiencing pain.

It's the piriformis and the nerve running down to my foot... does anyone know of any remedies for this? It's kind of a pain because I want to get back into breakdance.
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

GinaDouglas

I'm an expert on this, because I had Piriformis Syndrome before it was a recognized condition.

Most doctors are MDs, and many of them do not believe in this.  Plus, the condition can be confused with, or concurrant with, a disc problem at L5-S1.  But the kind of doctors called Osteopaths, or DOs, are more likely to know how to treat the piriformis, because the first article on the syndrome was written by a DO, and published in their journal.

But what you really need to do is to seek out a doctor of Applied Kinesiology.  It would be a violation of site rules to give you a link.  Google "International College of Applied Kinesiology".  On their website, you will find a link to find AK doctors in your area.  They will know how to shut down the spasms of the piriformis muscle that are impinging on your sciatic nerve, and if there is a spinal issue that is involved, they will know how to fix that too.
It's easier to change your sex and gender in Iran, than it is in the United States.  Way easier.

Please read my novel, Dragonfly and the Pack of Three, available on Amazon - and encourage your local library to buy it too! We need realistic portrayals of trans people in literature, for all our sakes
  •  

Lachlann

Thanks a bunch! I'll look into it. :D
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •