Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Let the games begin!

Started by Julie Marie, May 17, 2009, 09:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie Marie

What started out as taking a walk has turned into a fashion competition. 

Julie wanted to go for a nice Sunday evening walk.  I needed a little fixing up.  While I was doing my makeup I just felt this need to look really nice.  Since going full time I have toned down my makeup a lot.  So I dabbed on a bit of eyeliner, something I rarely wear.  It looked sultry.  So I had to pick out a shadow that complimented the eyeliner.  Then I realized my hair looked a bit flat...  Well, you get the picture.

Julie was in the other bathroom getting ready for the "walk", typical girl casual stuff.  Then I walked in and she said "WHOA!  You're going for a walk like that?"  I told I just got carried away.  She said, "I can't go out with you looking so good and me looking like this!"

And the competition began.

So here we are, 9:30PM and we are still getting ready for the "walk".  I'm sure we'll end up out someplace so we don't waste all the effort we put into this walk.

Maybe that's why God made most of the human race hetero, so we can spend more time walking than preparing to walk.  ;D

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

barbie

Julie,

You seem to be very good at applying makeup.

I have never tried eyeliner and shadow, although I am very interested in and sometimes I am eager to wear them.

In beauty shops, those colorful eyeliner and shadow always attract my eyes. Actually, I was going to purchase some of them, but I do not know how to wear them. I asked my female colleagues how to apply them. I was just terrified to learn additional tricky skills, because I now barely can apply mascara and lipstick. Women here are so skillful...

I guess red shadow could be tricky, because red color can easily make me look like a clown.

So, my motto is "less is better".

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Julie Marie

Quote from: barbie on May 18, 2009, 11:28:16 AM
Julie,

You seem to be very good at applying makeup.

Barbie~~

I'm good because I have to be!  :o

There's been a couple of occasions where I wanted to help a friend with doing makeup.  One was a lesbian who would only wear eyeliner.  When I offered to do her makeup the said no way because she'd look like a clown.  I never got her to the makeup table.

The other time was similar but a trans friend who wore very light makeup and washed out colors.  She sometimes looked like a ghost.  I offered to do her makeup but she told me the same thing, "I'll look like a clown!"  Finally I got her to give it a try and did her makeup.  She loved it!  Oh, and I also did Sandy's (here) one time and she seemed pleased.  Maybe I should make that my occupation.

I can go from light to evening sultry.  It depends on the occasion.  If I'm going out shopping or for a walk I'll just put on a touch of makeup (last night I got carried away!)  If it's a more formal event I'll do the sultry look.  And there's variations in between.  Sometimes I'm just plain lazy though.

Last night our "walk" consisted of walking to the martini bar a few blocks away.  We found they were closed on Sundays.  :-\  So we went back to the house and hopped in the car and found a place where we could put all our hard work on display.

BTW, Julie kicked my butt. She looked WAAAAAAAY better than me, the bitch!  ;D

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Sandy

Quote from: Julie Marie on May 18, 2009, 11:45:50 AM
I'm good because I have to be!  :o

Oh, and I also did Sandy's (here) one time and she seemed pleased.  Maybe I should make that my occupation.

You're good because you have a natural talent!

The times you did my makeup I felt like a starlet!

BTW: Pat and I got into one of those just the other day.  We were going out to see Star Trek and she asked what I was going to wear.  I just figured jeans and a top would be fine.

I go and put on my makeup and when I get out, she has nice slacks and a top and is putting on earrings.

So now I have to pretty up too.  Then I couldn't find the right "look" and Pat and I tried on a couple of outfits...

We almost missed the beginning of the movie...

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

barbie

Here in my country, I see some working women wear mascara while riding subway train or bus in the morning. It is just amazing how they can manage to wear mascara in shaking bus and train.

Yes, they do because they have to do.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

tekla

I see some working women wear mascara while riding subway train or bus in the morning. It is just amazing how they can manage to wear mascara in shaking bus and train.

I'm fond of the ones I see doing it while they are driving down the freeway with the Revlon dashboard in front of them.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Cindy

I see that too Tekla, the best one so far was talking on her hand held mobile at the same time. A woman was booked recently  here for eating a bowl of cornflakes while driving at 80km on the free way.

Barbie,
Thee is a product called eyemagic (www.bigbathtub.com.au) That applies three layers of eye liner at once. It's not perfect but I've had good results with practice. And Honey that is what it is. Practice. I remember my teen sister just working on her eyes for hours. Wiping off and doing again. I was sooo jealous, and she knew it :'(

CIndy
  •  

Lyric

Barbie, dear, as cute as you are, you'll be drop-dead gorgeous with makeup. I can't believe you haven't done the works yet. I'm looking forward to the pictures.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •