Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I finally came out to my Mom!

Started by PinkSunshine, June 13, 2009, 06:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinkSunshine

Well, after many months of hiding my true self, I finally told my Mom all about it (dad was at work)!  :icon_nervious: I was very nervous and almost didn't but I just kind of blurted it out. She was kind of speechless at first but reacted possitively. She asked a few questions and then said that she supports me in my effort and that she will always love me!   :icon_joy: I'm so happy! I immediately got changed into my real clothes (not the 'man' costume I was wearing), and then we went out and had a great day! I'm still riding high!  :eusa_dance:

Thanks for giving me a great place to get support and answers, I love you all!  :-*
  •  

Michelle.

Congrats Vanessa,

Nice to read that your Mom took that particular talk so well.

Enjoy the "pink-cloud," theres more battles ahead.

Mich'
  •  

V M

Good for you  :) I'm glad it went well

I haven't openly come out to my folks. My family is the "don't ask, don't tell" type. But I'm pretty sure they know. I got allot of rather fem. looking clothes for Christmas  :laugh: Somethings even said womens or lady's on the tags. I was at my sister's and she and her family seemed to watch to see my reaction. I just smiled and said everything was rather nice  :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Janet_Girl

Good for you, Vanessa.  Just one milestone down.  Keep moving forward.  And give your Mom a big hug.  She deserves it.  And I imagine that Dad must likely know, if they talk.

Good luck, Hon.

Janet
  •  

K8

Congratulations, Vanessa!  That must be a huge relief. :P 

One down, many more to go, but each one is easier.  This was a hard one for you.  I'm glad it went so well. ;D

- Kate
Life is a pilgrimage.
  •  

Lacey Lynne

Vanessa, that's GREAT news, Hon!  I think you'll find that your friends, most of them anyway, will be cool with the news too.  Best of luck to you.  Hugs.
Believe.  Persist.  Arrive.    :D

Julie Vu (Princess Joules) Rocks!  "Hi, Sunshine Sparkle Faces!" she says!
  •