Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Calling all writers!

Started by Chaunte, November 05, 2005, 11:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you write?

I've shown some things to some close friends, but that's it.
8 (11.1%)
Well, I keep a journal, but no one is EVER gonna see it!
5 (6.9%)
I write a little, but never show it to anyone.
7 (9.7%)
I've shown some things to some close friends, but that's it.
12 (16.7%)
I send things out on occassion.
18 (25%)
Yes, I am published!
17 (23.6%)
I have my own book for sale!
5 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

taylor

Madison,

Yes, your order came through. Thanks for letting me know it was you.

I want to say to all of you that are pre ordering, thanks for your support!  However, if you order and your legal name does not match your posting name, (if you want me to know it is you) please send me a private message here or a message through the website. 

Your identity is 100% confidential!! Folks, I do not need to know it is you,, but if you do share this with me, then know it is SAFE!!! 

Thanks Madison!! and all you others!

Peace,

Taylor

•  

Lucy

Im more of a fantasist that a writer but hey I try
  •  

Tammy Hope

Quote from: Shauna Marie on November 06, 2005, 09:57:24 PM
I guess that if you have shared words, and they are out for the public to read (or hear), than I say you are published!

Chaunte

Well if getting paid for it isn't a requirement then yes, I'm published.

I used to write an opinion column for a local monthly.

when I was in college the first half of this decade I placed several short stories among the prize winners of the campus writing contest. In my senior year I entered a Formal Essay (which was a reworking of the Thesis paper I did for Special Problems in History and won first place which meant it was submitted to the Southern Literary Arts Festival where it placed second in the category (competing with universities and colleges from all over the south including heavyweight SEC schools)

Both the SLAC and the College competition published a Journal if the winners.

I was inspired at the time and I had over 10 chapters of a novel written that I lost to a hard drive crash.

Since then I haven't written much because it's so VERY difficult to publish fiction that I feel like I'm wasting time (so I waste time online instead)

OH! And I also have a baseball blog too under my male "persona" and I'm thinking about starting a general blog from Laura's point of view.

I really REALLY should get the creative juices flowing towards fiction again but it's almost like I don't really have any stories to tell. If i may say so, I am an excellent writer of dialog and characterizations and "scene setting...a narrative account of a "scene from a life" as in some short stories I can do, but that's an even tougher sell.

where I am terribly week is dramatic tension, climax and plot construction. Most books build toward a resolution, a point in the telling of the story. My story ideas almost never do.

That said, I've read "The Road" and seen "No Country for Old Men" and Cormac McCarthy seems to get away with telling stories that just....stop, with no neat resolution. I don't know if a new writer could ever break in doing it that way though.
Disclaimer: due to serious injury, most of my posts are made via Dragon Dictation which sometimes butchers grammar and mis-hears my words. I'm also too lazy to closely proof-read which means some of my comments will seem strange.

http://eachvoicepub.com/PaintedPonies.php
  •  

Jeatyn

I have a couple of poems published in a big poetry book I have forgotten the name of, that was ages and ages ago though. I'm not so good with the fiction any more, I seem to have lost my ability to write short stories.

I have an idea for a book I've started to write but I can't seem to get in to the flow :P
  •  

Michelle.

Does high school era journalism class count as published?
  •  

Lucy

Quote from: michellesofl on June 16, 2009, 03:10:16 PM
Does high school era journalism class count as published?

emmmm may be why....
  •  

MaggieB

I have a book called "Dorothy's Boy" on Amazon and am writing another now. I hope to have it ready for publication in six months or so.

Maggie
  •