Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Colorado People where are you!!!!

Started by maragirlygirr, November 21, 2007, 08:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

Just like the title if your in the CO hit me up,  looking for some friends to hang out and go do some fun stuff with me and my GG GF.

I really do mean FRIENDS nothing sexual please
  •  

Hypatia

It was in 1982... I was such an innocent and IGNORANT young thing... that was the year I moved to Denver. Where I met Lily.

Lily worked in a shop wearing filmy belly dance costumes. She was extremely feminine and gentle and spoke with a very soft high-pitched voice. She stood about 6'2". Her feet were about a size 12 and her makeup failed to hide the dark follicles on her large jaw. Her short curly hair was just beginning to grow out.

Now in retrospect I can understand she was just getting started and was going through perhaps the most difficult phase of all. She was the first trans woman I ever met (or rather, the first one I ever read), and I even though I knew nothing about transgender then, as soon as I saw Lily I understood what she was trying to do. This made me reflect that I wanted to do the same, but seeing her remarkably unpassable appearance was all the excuse I needed to convince myself that it was impossible... so with her image in my memory I kept burying my own desire to transition for many more unhappy years...

Now I understand better how my judgment of Lily was unfair and that after hormones, electrolysis, and experience at living fulltime, she would have blossomed into a beautiful woman over time. I left Denver long ago and have often wondered what became of her. Thanks to her I first crystallized the idea in my mind that I wanted to transition, but at the same time I used her unfortunate looks as an excuse to deny it to myself. Mostly I told myself it was our large feet that precluded transition, because I thought nothing could be done to feminize the feet. (I was wrong.) I could have blossomed into a beautiful woman myself long ago if I hadn't kept telling myself it was impossible.

If you see Lily, give her my love.
Here's what I find about compromise--
don't do it if it hurts inside,
'cause either way you're screwed,
eventually you'll find
you may as well feel good;
you may as well have some pride

--Indigo Girls
  •  

Sarah

yo, Girl.
Right here.
y-know what I'm sayin?

What up girl?
I hang in Boulder.
And on Capitol Hill/Denver
We should chill sometime.
Lates.
-Sarah.
  •  

Sarah

REaly?
Wow. Welcome!
We'll have to get together for a house party when you arrive!

Sara
  •  

shanetastic

Quote from: mara on November 21, 2007, 08:22:12 AM
Just like the title if your in the CO hit me up,  looking for some friends to hang out and go do some fun stuff with me and my GG GF.

I really do mean FRIENDS nothing sexual please

Cali is the cool place for that, come on over mara :P
trying to live life one day at a time
  •  

Tea

Oh I miss CO so much, I was born and raised in Ft Collins. I don't think I could move back and be around all the people that knew me as male. In fact I miss the whole west, I mean I like the east coast and all but there is just something different about Colorado (and home). Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Maybe some day, when I go back for visits, if my parents still want me around after I come out to them
  •  

cblucky21

Colorado!!! Boulder peeps hit me up!!! i totally need some friends only got 1 :(
  •  

GinaDouglas

It's easier to change your sex and gender in Iran, than it is in the United States.  Way easier.

Please read my novel, Dragonfly and the Pack of Three, available on Amazon - and encourage your local library to buy it too! We need realistic portrayals of trans people in literature, for all our sakes
  •