Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jesus loves you

Started by Anima, July 10, 2009, 05:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle.

•  

Nero

Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Tammy Hope

Amy Grant was Da Bomb back then. I used to have a collection of her best stuff.

A LOT of Christian music is pretty drab but there's a certain part of it that was really good music for any genre.

Here's a couple from another one of my favorites:

Steven Curtis Chapman - I Will Not Go Quietly

Steven Curtis Chapman - Lord Of The Dance (The Walk DVD...

Edit - dunno why the second one didn't embed. "Lord of the Dance" is probably my all time favorite CC song...

Disclaimer: due to serious injury, most of my posts are made via Dragon Dictation which sometimes butchers grammar and mis-hears my words. I'm also too lazy to closely proof-read which means some of my comments will seem strange.

http://eachvoicepub.com/PaintedPonies.php
  •  

Nero

classic tale of forbidden fruit. grew up with this one. hilarious in that Christian 80s way.  :laugh:
Young Boy Young Girl
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Michelle.

•  

Witch of Hope

Did Jesus loves all of us? Even homosexuals, transgender and Republicans? Why thn didn't know his followers this? Or did they make their own image of Christ?
  •  

Tammy Hope

Quote from: Witch of Hope on July 17, 2009, 10:21:06 AM
Did Jesus loves all of us? Even homosexuals, transgender and Republicans?
Yes he does.
Assuming he exists at all and if he doesn't exist no one loses anything by thinking he does exist and does love us all.
Why thn didn't know his followers this?
Because they are fallen, broken creatures.

That's why they need a savior in the first place.

(at least, according to Christian theology)

Part of the problem with the way Christians behave is that it's a function of human nature to be a bit self satisfied and arrogant so we tend to forget that we had to see our own failures clearly before we could ever come to him and thus are not as loving to others as we should be.

And be clear - if you have never confronted your own brokenness, you have never met Christ (again, according to Christian theology)

Or did they make their own image of Christ?
All of us do to some extent because none of us can ever fully comprehend and infinite being.

Disclaimer: due to serious injury, most of my posts are made via Dragon Dictation which sometimes butchers grammar and mis-hears my words. I'm also too lazy to closely proof-read which means some of my comments will seem strange.

•  

Genevieve Swann

If what many very religious persons beleive is true God is all loving and loves all of us unconditionally. The only unconditional love I get is from my dog. Christianity was a cult in the beginning. Maybe if Jesus had kept his darn mouth shut he would not have been killed. Who knows? 
Witch of Hope, The mormons (LDS) have their own Jesus Christ. He was resurrected and visited the Americas once. Must have been on a sabbatical or something. The indigenous peoples of the Americas are the lost tribes of Israel. If you don't beleive me just ask them. I live in Ogden Utah and get the inside track on the good stuff.
Bumper sticker quote: Jesus Loves You, everyone else thinks you're an "A"hole.

Alicia Marie

Anima,
  That was a beautiful song. Thank you for sharing it.
  It is a shame that some some use the thread as an opportunity to slam Christianity.
  May God bless.
  •  

Witch of Hope

Genevieve, as a former member of thic cult I know it, and I know that this are lies what they told to the people about jesus Christ. But it isn't about the LDS cult, it is about Christianity.
Do you know "Yahoo Clever/Answers"? In this I post a question about it, why christians believe that transsexual people, like homosexual people,need to be cured/healed. Some German Christians anwered, that this would be a terrible sin in God's eyes. cruel sin in God's eyes. So, the problem is not only the LDS, but also all Christian denominations which oppress us.
  •  

Tammy Hope

Not CCM but still a neat song, especially musically:

los lonely boys-how far is heaven

•  

finewine

On the topic of Jesus' love, this pic always makes me laugh...

Warning: highly offensive language and Not Safe For Work

Link: Jesus loves you - but I think...
  •