Main Menu

Hair loss worries

Started by Anima, July 20, 2009, 09:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anima

•  

barbie

Difficult question.

Hair loss depends on genetics and environment.

We can not do so much on genetics, but can delay hair loss process.

If you use shampoo, then you should rinse your hair with water for at least 3 minutes after applying shampoo. This will clear away residuals of shampoo that can cause hair loss.

If you indeed worry about that, you may visit any office of dermatologist.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

lizbeth

as I'm sure you know, there isn't a cure for baldness, however; there are ways to prevent it/reverse it.

rogaine topical creams and shampoos are available over the counter almost everywhere and stronger options are available by prescription. talk to your doctor to find out which of those prescription options are best for you.

are you planning on transitioning? if so, androgyne blockers have a pleasent side effect of blocking/absorbing the DHT that causes baldness and thinning hair. or something like that  ;)
  •  

lizbeth

Quote from: Anima on July 20, 2009, 11:58:57 AM
Thanks Beth, I googled "rogaine" and it is available under another name in my country, without prescription. An apothecary site I checked out say that in 60% of the cases it can even make hair start growing again where it has stopped growing, and it seems like I am in the best kind of situation for it to work effectively. Hope it is not very expensive.

the active ingredient is minoxadil (spelling probably incorrect), so look for that. once a hair follicle is dead, it's dead and no amount of writting on the package will bring it back to life :)  just becuase hair isn't actively growing doesn't mean the folicle is dead - and that's how they can claim to "regrow hair"

Quote from: Anima on July 20, 2009, 11:58:57 AM
I'm not planning transitioning, so I guess the hormones you talk about will be impossible to get.

they aren't necessarily hormones... cisgendered men will take things like androcur/procur and others to combat baldness. wouldn't hurt to mention it to your doctor if the subject comes up and the minoxadil isn't affective.

:)
  •  

Janet_Girl

Proscar is for hair loss.  And so is Minoxidil,  I suffer from hair loss badly.  There is always transplants, but they can be expensive.

If you are worried about it talk it over with a doctor.  But do something about it now.

Janet
  •  

Miniar

Also, alternate your shampoo. Do Not always use the same brand.

I shed like a cat myself and I've got a skin condition in my scalp. But my hair is still very very thick.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Chrissty

Hi Anima,

If you decide to use Minoxidil then I suggest you check out the generic prices on the web (ie: amazon, E-Bay etc) as they are a fraction of the cost of most local stores.

There are two strenghts 2% and 5%. Most folk here are using the 5% and if you buy a 6 month supply at a time you should be able to get the monthy bottle cost down to less than $9. In the UK the average monthy in-store price for the cheaper 2% Rogaine bottle is $45, and $30 for generic.

Good Luck

Chrissty
  •