Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Crossdressing

Started by DanielleXoXo, December 05, 2011, 03:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielleXoXo

Is it unusual for a transgender individual to get kind of bored with crossdressing after awhile? I want it to be reality, not fantasy when I am alone.
  •  

Annah

I did some crossdressing this past halloween as a guy. It was fun but i wouldnt want to do it all the time.

You just have to go what is on your convictions
  •  

DanielleXoXo

I am a MTF at the beginning of my transition and I suppose part of me is still a little worried that somehow, some way, I might not actually be trans. I know that it is what I want but after lots and lots of cross dressing in private over a prolonged period of time, I just don't get the same satisfaction out of it that I used to. I am assuming that it is just because it isn't reality yet so that brings me down. But part of me is wondering if it means that I am not trans. Idk...everything is still so confusing to me.
  •  

Sarah Louise

It sounds like you need to think long and hard about it.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Cindy

Something to discuss with your therapist.

My normal clothing is female and I like a feminine look rather than casual, when I'm out and about. I do enjoy getting the make up on, the nice clothes etc when going out to a party or dinner. I think that is pretty common and my GG friends say the same. But it isn't a sexual thrill, it's a nice feeling of looking good and feeling good, and getting attention from guys when you are out, and your girlfriends telling you that you are looking really good.

Cindy
  •  

DanielleXoXo

Exactly! I know I will love that. I don't go out in public en femme. I am waiting until I have been on hormones for a year and I will have gotten FFS by then, then I am planning on going full time. Until now I have always only crossdressed in private and I just sit around for short while until I have to take it all off for whatever the reason may be. Usually I don't have that much time. It will be different once I actually have people I want to impress and I can go out in public. And it will definitely be different when I actually feel like a girl, rather than a guy dressed like one. I feel like crossdressing is starting to become merely a reminder of what I don't yet have. It actually makes me a little sad. I am just so anxious for my transition to be over...I wish I could fast forward! I hate anticipation! I just didn't know if this was a normal state of mind to get in for some people.
  •  

Cindy

Do you have a therapist?

I know things differ between people and countries etc, but my therapists essentially wanted me out and about as soon as I was on the 'mones. I wasn't FT but definitely out in public. The only cross dressing I do is when I have to present as male, and I'm failing badly at that :laugh:

If you have a home situation where you cannot be you that also needs discussion.

Cindy
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: Cindy James on December 06, 2011, 01:43:26 AM
Do you have a therapist?

I know things differ between people and countries etc, but my therapists essentially wanted me out and about as soon as I was on the 'mones. I wasn't FT but definitely out in public. The only cross dressing I do is when I have to present as male, and I'm failing badly at that :laugh:

If you have a home situation where you cannot be you that also needs discussion.

Cindy

Yeah, getting out and about in public as a woman almost seemed a prerequisite to getting hormones for me.. That wasn't too hard though, I'd already ditched most of the old wardrobe by then...
  •  

lilacwoman

research is that practically ever MtF goes through compulsive crossdressing stage just to be themselves for as long as the opportunity lasts. 
If it is really depressing to be unable to CD or to go back to male clothes for work then that is a good marker for TSism.
If its a releif to take the femclothes off and go back to male stuff then thats seen as a marker of CD/TV/TG.

FtMs don't have quite the same problem as they can choose trousers or parents of 'girls' may prefer them to wear trousers right from birth.
  •  

spacial

Just a personal prespective.

I dress and will dress, to suit the moment and reflect how I feel.

I happily wear, what some might consider neutral or feminine clothing when I feel it is appropriate. I wish I could feel more secure to express myself in clothing more freely. Social judgement is important. Only a liar claims not to be influenced by social judgement.

But ultimately, who I am and what I am is innate. It is part of me. I am a person, female inside, with an ugly bit.

As I said, this is a purely personal prespective. I will applaud and defend those who wish to express themselves more openly.

•  

DanielleXoXo

Yes, I have a therapist...but that's very odd. I've never heard of people being forced to dress en femme in public to qualify for hormones. You should only have to be diagnosed with a gender disorder and have your therapist fax a letter of recommendation to the hormone doctor. I can't pass. If I was forced to go out in public dressed as a girl I wouldn't have begun to transition and I would have drank my sorrows away. That's asking to get clocked and ridiculed. FFS is a plus if you can afford to do it but hormones are essential. I would have to question that a therapist even knew what they were doing if they put a patient through that. The patient is supposed to choose when they want to begin RLE...and they only need that to qualify for SRS. Anyone diagnosed with a gender issue has the right to be placed on hormones. Lots of people hide the effects of the hormones for awhile and live in guy-mode until they feel the time is right.
  •  

DanielleXoXo

I have already begun hormones btw
  •  

Kelly J. P.

Growing up, I dressed in girls' clothes because I enjoyed looking like a girl. Physical appearance was and continued to be a huge issue for me; looking like a guy was depressing. However, I never felt the need to dress up to relieve dysphoria in and of itself - it was always centered around looking like a girl. So, when I stopped looking like a girl when dressing, I dressed a lot less often - it no longer did much for me.

I guess that's kinda like being bored of it. For me, the clothes never really mattered as a form of expression... they only became important if I felt I could pass as a girl. My primary problem with myself was always my voice. Thankfully my voice is good these days :D

Being TS doesn't mean needing to dress up to relieve dysphoria. The clothes don't mean as much to some of us as they do to others... for me, they matter very little.
  •