Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

If I only had a beard ...

Started by Jamie-o, August 18, 2009, 08:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

I've never been able to grow a full beard or sideburns. But I'm kinda glad for that now. I just wish to get rid of the patchy facial hair I have  :P

BTW - You look cool with a beard  :)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jamie-o

Quote from: Dennis on August 22, 2009, 02:11:11 AM
I feel for you there. My best beard is sitting over my adam's apple. And that was really the earliest credible facial hair. So....I get facial hair that is highly unattractive if grown and a bugger to shave. Thanks, whoever is the patron saint of FtM's.

Dennis

Lol.  Fortunately, I don't have any neck hair yet.  Unfortunately, I also don't have a single hair growing along the sideburns, either.  The one place I really, really want hair, and it's the only place where I'm not growing any.   >:(  However, it does look as if a goatee may be possible in a few months, so that's something, anyway.  :D
  •  

nickelass

•  

sneakersjay

After 11 mos on T my sideburns are just starting to fill in.  Now if I could get some hair between my pathetic 'stache and my chin hair I'd be happy.  Oh, yeah, and that quarter-sized area on the right side of my face could start growing a few hairs and make me happy.

Haven't shaved in >2 mos but trimmed twice with a beard trimmer.  First time left it longer; this time kinda short.  I'm debating whether to shave it all off again and see if it comes in thicker or not.  My guess is not.

Jay

•  

Suzy

Jamie, you look great with some facial hair!  Becoming one hot guy.

If you don't have luck with T there are some places that are doing facial hair with transplants.  If interested in the info, let me know.

Again, looking awesome!

Kristi
  •  

Cindy

Shaving doesn't make hair growth faster or thicker. Jay stay in there.

Can the shaving cream

Love
Cindy
  •  

DamagedChris

Quote from: CindyJames on August 26, 2009, 05:14:42 AM
Shaving doesn't make hair growth faster or thicker. Jay stay in there.

Can the shaving cream

Love
Cindy
That's actually dependent on genetics...I actually had my hair darken, a lot, after shaving. May not be thicker per se, but more noticeable. And I tried it on my chin; it works, I actually can grow what looks like a patchy 16-year-old's attempt at facial hair if I leave it for a week or two. Only seems to work in spots though, and I'm kinda worried once I start T that I'm gonna be a hairy mofo. Predisposition to lots of dark body hair ftl.
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: DamagedChris on August 26, 2009, 12:53:10 PM
That's actually dependent on genetics...I actually had my hair darken, a lot, after shaving. May not be thicker per se, but more noticeable. And I tried it on my chin; it works, I actually can grow what looks like a patchy 16-year-old's attempt at facial hair if I leave it for a week or two. Only seems to work in spots though, and I'm kinda worried once I start T that I'm gonna be a hairy mofo. Predisposition to lots of dark body hair ftl.

I'm lead to believe that after shaving, hair looks "thicker' cos the hair coming out of the follicle is thicker, that is it is the width of the "stubble" is greater than than the fine stuff you had.

•  

Teknoir

Ok... here's how I understand it to work... (Warning : May be totally incorrect).

Shaving does not make your hair thicker.

What it does do, is gives your hair a "blunt" tip (that does not reflect the light as well) instead of the fine, tapered tip it would normally.

That's why shaving an area you aren't used to itches when it grows in (until the skin in the area toughens up).

Also, in an unshaven area, only some of your hair is at full length at any time. Some has "fallen out", some has yet to grow above skin level, some is short, etc. It all grows at different rates.

You shave, then all the hair will appear to grow in at once (instead of "in stages" as it normally would). This can make your hair appear thicker - but a month or so without shaving will undo that.

Again, this is just what I've heard.
  •  

GamerJames

Teknoir, that's what I've heard/read too.

I'm a hairy mofo, and I'm not on T yet. Genetics were kind to me in that way I guess. I used to wax my face when I was trying to be a girl, but now I shave. It hasn't "changed" the hair, but now instead of feeling fluffy, it feels prickly, which I really like (and so does my partner). Also, just the act of shaving my face is a really affirming and "gender euphoric" experience for me.

As for fake facial hair though, I'm a graphic designer so I took the nerdy route and photoshopped myself some. It ain't no Michaelangelo, but for a 5-minute chop it's alright. At least it's not Picasso! lol

♫ Oh give me a home, where the trans people roam, and the queers and the androgynes play... ♫

Facebook | YouTube
  •  

JonasCarminis

•  

GamerJames

Quote from: Josh on August 27, 2009, 09:57:39 PM
you look cute with stubble. :)

Thanks, I just can't wait til it's real! ;D
♫ Oh give me a home, where the trans people roam, and the queers and the androgynes play... ♫

Facebook | YouTube
  •  

paxcow

Dang, I thought the stubble was real until I read you post. :D Nice job!
  •  

Holden

It takes a while for facial hair to come in and even longer to thicken up...before I had a natural shadow of a beard I used eyeliner and smudged it with a kleenex or tp...it looked like a very natural 5 oclock shadow and helped me be more confident.
  •  

Dennis

Mine's starting to get visible - even the impossibly blond mustache. Here's a pic from fishing today:

Dennis
  •  

LordKAT

Looking good Dennis. Retired just to fish?
  •