Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Eye, Lip & Face Make-Up! (Only for the daring)

Started by Inphyy, August 15, 2009, 05:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphyy

Everyone has their own fashion, what they like to wear...What they don't and that includes make-up!
I like long dark eye-lashes, so what I do is I move the mascara left and right as I go up to give the impact of bigger lashes, also curling them does do wonders with opening up your eyes.
Since I have really blue eyes, I like going with dark eye make-up to make them stand out and be bold! ;)
So I usually use black eye-liner all across my eyes inside the water-line and all the way through top and bottom. If you have really light eyes, It will pop out the most, also I like to extend past my eye a bit and make a upper-curve, doing so makes the eyes look bigger.
For eye-shadow I like using CoverGirl and I usually go with dark green, steel-gray or brown for my eye-lids and I use dark blue, black and oliver! O also, the cress between the top of the eye-lid and the start of the upper area, If you put black eye-shadow between there, It makes your eyes and make-up also stand out more!  >:-)
Finally for the lips and blush...Sometimes I am daring, like last week when my lips were black! But usually I go with a peach pink or at the usual darkness, a rose color. For blush, I would say use something light if your lighter skinned and if your darker, I say go for something really dark! =]

The comments I usually get for my make-up, Is rockerish, rebel and bold and beautiful. What I do for my make-up isn't for everyone, so it's up to you to take the dare.  ;)
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Inphyy on August 15, 2009, 05:33:31 AMThe comments I usually get for my make-up, Is rockerish, rebel and bold and beautiful. What I do for my make-up isn't for everyone, so it's up to you to take the dare.  ;)
Nice to see a change of subject Inphyy even if not totally conducive to furthering yer cause at home! I am having my face and hair professionally done by a close friend (click lower green bar to *scroll*) but "between Los Angeles and New York" he's a very hard one to catch up with! Based on my avatar can ya tell which one is me?  ;D

I let ya know if I learn anything worthwhile!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Suzy

Inphyy,

For such a young vixen you really have your concepts down well.  Our coloring is a lot the same except hair color.  The only thing I would say is that blue eye shadow makes everyone think of the 70's and really does take away from the blue in your eyes.  You might also want to experiment with some slight browns in your mascara and eye liner, as they also make blue eyes pop. 

You might also try this look:  Put black eyeshadow on the corners of your eyelids and sweep them outward to make them bigger.  Then cover the rest of the lid with brown.  Blend with a brush to get the effect of getting lighter as you go towards the tear duct.  Then put a dab of bright white on the tear duct area.  Blend the white to under your eyes (but not into the lash line).  Then watch how much bigger and fresher your eyes look.

You young 'uns can get away with black lips, but on us grandmotherly types, it is a bit ridiculous.  But roses and peaches are very hot and fresh right now.

You are doing great!

Kristi
  •  

barbie

Even wearing mascara everyday is difficult for me. I have never tried beyong mascara. Although a few women and me recommended me to try eyeshadow, I am just terrified at learning how to wear eyeshadow and eyeliner, and etc. Mascara is just enough for me. No more or no less.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Inphyy

Quote from: Kiera on August 15, 2009, 06:22:01 AM
Nice to see a change of subject Inphyy even if not totally conducive to furthering yer cause at home! I am having my face and hair professionally done by a close friend (click lower green bar to *scroll*) but "between Los Angeles and New York" he's a very hard one to catch up with! Based on my avatar can ya tell which one is me?  ;D

I let ya know if I learn anything worthwhile!

Yeah even though there is problems if I keep venting on it, I'm going to go crazy...So a nice change of pace is good! :)
  •