Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Boat? Airplane? Car?

Started by Sandi, June 28, 2005, 01:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandi

This isn't exactly humor, but it did bring a smile to my face.

Damn I have to have one of these.  Must be the geek in me.  ;D

Sandi
  •  

Ellen

wow ! not exactly trans gender but it is crossing several boundaries
i want one.
and i want a full scale one too
... Ellen
  •  

Dennis

omg I want one. I live on the beach, so I can use all the toys!

Dennis
  •  

tinkerbell

I don't know what it is, but I want one also.  The perfect christmas or birthday gift!   ;D

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Cindi Jones

Okay flight enthusiasts.... how does it work?  ;)  I love stuff like this.  I think that I've got it figured out.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

tinkerbell

It definetely has to have an air compressor of some sort which needs to be powered by a remote control device.  I think.

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

BrandiOK

I'm thinking a battery powered set of propellers much like the "flying saucers" that sold so well a couple years ago.  We still have a couple of those around here somewhere. 

I'm in....suckered by cheap publicity once again....I want one too LOL
  •  

Cindi Jones

There's a prop on the front. The body between the pontoons is the wing.  So it is aerodynamically shaped.  The thing that I couldn't figure out was how they gave it so much control.  The key would be either making the motor make the motions or have vertical and horizontal ailerons.  And for the life of me, I can't see that the "fins" on the back move at all.  But if they do, the very light weight of the syrofoam makes it very light so you can fly the thing at relatively slower speeds and control it better.

I'm not an RC enthusiast.  I really don't know much about them. So this is all a WAG.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

BrandiOK

It has battery powered servo's to control the elevators and the rudder I believe. It's a neat gizmo and I wanted one but at $180 I don't imagine it lasting long enough structurally to pay for itself.
  •