Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Save the world with me?

Started by El, November 18, 2009, 08:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El

http://www.thezeitgeistmovementuk.com/site/zeitgeist-addendum

Wasnt really entirely sure where to put this, at first i though politics but its not really that sort of idea, in fact it seeks to remove the hierachy.
Then i thought maybe activism, but that didnt seem quite right either.
So philosophy it is.

Basically the Zeitgeist movement is the activism branch of the Venus Project which describes itself as:

QuoteThe Venus Project is an organization that proposes a feasible plan of action for social change, one that works towards a peaceful and sustainable global civilization. It outlines an alternative to strive toward where human rights are no longer paper proclamations but a way of life.

The video is 2 hours long and pretty heavy so you may want to break it up into the 4 chapters or something.

I feel we should get more people watching this, even if you dont support the project the video contains a lot of information that everyone really should know.

Some could call it idealistic propaganda but they are backing ti up with evidence and raise some damn good points.

Hope you enjoy :)
  •  

Miniar

I watched the movie, early on I went "hey! that's interesting.. I should get ppl to watch it" and then as the movie went on, "er.. wait a minute" popped up.. repeatedly..
and by the end... I thought it was mostly just conspiracy theory nonsense.

But the first part of it's pretty cool.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

El

conspiracy theory? what parts lol

Made more than a lot of sense to me, actually gave me some faith that not every damn human being apart from me is a blind prisoner...................
  •  

Miniar

o.O We are talking about the Zeitgeist movie here aren't we?

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

El

lol we're talking about the venus project and more specifically the video in the link
  •  

Miniar

then why's the word zeitgeist so many times in the link/post?
>.<

nvm, my bad..

•