Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Is Being Transgendered Only About The Sex?

Started by Inphyy, August 15, 2009, 10:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is being transgendered all about having sex?

Yes!
3 (4.5%)
No!
56 (83.6%)
I'm indifferent...
3 (4.5%)
I don't know.
1 (1.5%)
Tough question.
4 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Debra

I said No. I hate being put into a fetish category. My current counselor tends to treat this like a fetish and it drives me nuts because to me it's not about sex. Sure, I've gotten aroused at some point during dressing in the past but I don't see that as any primary reason for transition or even just cding in general. If it was just that and I left it all in the bedroom, my wife would probably be much happier about the whole situation.

I read some stuff about categorizing heterosexual mtfs as autogenophelia lately and I was horrified. It seems to me that just because I can have sexual thoughts of being a woman, it doesn't mean that's my primary reason for transitioning. And such, I shouldn't be labled as only doing it because of a "sexual fetish."

I told my mother and father that if I couldn't orgasm after transition, I would still want to do it. I have only been having sex for 5 years now but I realize that it's not the most important thing in life.

•  

omega1251

It started out as primarily for sex, now it's just to feel "correct".

•  

heatherrose

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

KYLYKaHYT

No, my decision to transition wasn't "only about the sex"... but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it was totally irrelevant either.
And acquiring a vagina was never part of the equation for me, as I am a non-op, HRT only transperson who doesn't mind having the boy bits, as long as I have a basic female form.
ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ
  •  

Jay

Yeah that is exactly why I am doing it....

A- I fancy girls

B- If it was just for the sex I would buy a strap on.

C- It would be more easier for me to go out and sleep with any bloke as they are easy ;)

Jay

•