Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How to start the conversation.......

Started by justme19, September 16, 2009, 10:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme19

So ive decided im going to come out to my mum first, but im abit lost how to start the actull conversation.

So since im pritty sure my mum has no idea rlly how SrS and HrT work and how to get the ball rolling ect. So this is what confuses me aabout how to start the convo.... IF she knows nothing about the actull threapy and what will go on in future, you know.... im going to start the convo and tell her and then shes going to just be blank. I think this because of this reason above.

Anyhelp?????

By the way i don't want to write a letter or anything, i want to to her face to face.

Thanks
  •  

Miniar

What I did was simply go
"Mom, I have something I need to talk to you about"

I didn't have anything planned, I just.. said what I needed to say.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

justme19

Quote from: Miniar on September 17, 2009, 03:56:56 AM
What I did was simply go
"Mom, I have something I need to talk to you about"

This could honestly end up quite funny, i would say that. Then chicken out and make a stupid joke so she suspecs nothing -_-

Thanks for the help so far, would love a few more replys to. Just to get some others peoples opions.
  •  

K8

When I came out to my straight friends (my parents are both dead) I began by saying something like:

"I have something I want to tell you about me that I've been keeping secret for many years.  I'm transgendered.  When I was about 4 I realized I should be a girl.  I've been wearing women's clothes since I was 9."

I didn't go into details on the first go-round but would answer, honestly and openly, any questions.  This can be real surprise (or maybe not ::)), and most people take a little while to think about it, so don't leap right into SRS and all that.  Keep it general.  And do it with confidence that you know what you are saying and that there is nothing wrong with being TG.  If you fully accept yourself it will help others accept you.

Good luck, honey.  The first step is usually the hardest.

- Kate
Life is a pilgrimage.
  •  

justme19

Quote from: K8 on September 17, 2009, 09:12:40 PM
When I came out to my straight friends (my parents are both dead) I began by saying something like:

"I have something I want to tell you about me that I've been keeping secret for many years.  I'm transgendered.  When I was about 4 I realized I should be a girl.  I've been wearing women's clothes since I was 9."

I didn't go into details on the first go-round but would answer, honestly and openly, any questions.  This can be real surprise (or maybe not ::)), and most people take a little while to think about it, so don't leap right into SRS and all that.  Keep it general.  And do it with confidence that you know what you are saying and that there is nothing wrong with being TG.  If you fully accept yourself it will help others accept you.

Good luck, honey.  The first step is usually the hardest.

- Kate

Thanks Kate,
that is a fantasic post.

thats pritty much is what i was looking for.

Thanks again.
  •