Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Sorry for all the threads, but...

Started by red, October 20, 2009, 02:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

Does anyone pass out 'chick tracts' or other gospel tracts?  I've spent a lot of money on 'chick tracts' and I pass them out.  I'm too afraid to talk to people about it because they won't listen to me.  But the 'chick tracts' does the job.  My favorite one is "This was your life".  Some of those tracts hit really close to home.
I'm just so curious.  Anyone?
  •  

Miniar

I've found most chick tracts I've read to be either ridiculous, insulting, or just silly.
I don't quite grok how they should "do the trick" since, well, pretty much all the non-christians I know agree, and most the christians I know too.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

red

Quote from: Miniar on October 20, 2009, 02:43:29 PM
I've found most chick tracts I've read to be either ridiculous, insulting, or just silly.
I don't quite grok how they should "do the trick" since, well, pretty much all the non-christians I know agree, and most the christians I know too.

I agree that some are ridiculous, insulting and silly.  But it's the message you get from it, is what counts.  And there's the prayer at the end of it, where they invite you to become saved.

What works for one may not work for another.  I guess it's a point of view type of thing.

I like to watch Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer on t.v.  They have some good sermons.  I know that Joel don't ever mention sin, he's very positive.  But that's his life I guess.  Joyce Meyer tells you like it is, occasionally making a joke but well I admire her because she's biblically smart.  (Smart is something I'm not).
  •  

red

Quote from: Kvall on October 20, 2009, 03:49:03 PM
Chick tracts are over-the-top ridiculous. Very few people take them seriously, so I agree that I can't see how they're doing the job for you.

People don't want to listen to people on the street trying to harass them into Christianity, whether through their own voices or through chick tracts. That kind of evangelism just plain doesn't work. Instead, if you want to share your faith, it is better to do so by living your life authentically and setting an example for the kind of people Christians are, as well as to privately share with those who come asking about it.

OKAY geez.  I admit now I was wrong.  Topic locked.
  •