Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

News Room bias

Started by r.morgan, October 14, 2009, 08:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.morgan

I don't know if this is the right place for this: I'm going to paraphrase this story.
I turned on the news (a rare thing for me anymore - i dislike propaganda and fear-mongering) and what's the first thing I see.
A Neo-Nazi blames his gender confusion for his murders and wants to be a woman.   
Now that I've calmed down a bit and have forced myself to read the article... it turns out this is kinda old news.

Two things really got to me about this
1: He's a neo-nazi serial killer.  If they haven't been using it before -the hyper-conservative-jerks will try to use this as proof of the "inherent evil" of TG's in general. 
2: This is the one that hit me first.  It wasn't so much what was said but how it was said.  The way the news anchor said it sounded like the whole reason mentally unfit to stand trial was because he "claims" he wants to become a woman.  As if it was a universal constant given that someone who wants to be a woman is - of course - insane. 

I had to turn it off.  I cried for at least ten minutes.  Later I realized #1 and started all over again.

I flat out refuse to believe that he really wants to be a woman.
I've somewhat managed to calm down but this feeling is haunting me. 
I want to be be a woman, so I'm insane.
I do not believe that ... but it's fresh in my mind and is just gnawing at me.
I realize I'm probably just overreacting but I needed to share...
  •  

gennee

Back in the middle ages the church tried its hardest to associate transgenderism with witchcraft. So it isn't new and I'm sure that many other tactics have been used.

Gennee

:)
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

V M

Well, Mr. Spisak is def. a nutbag. But that has nothing to do with being TG or not.

I am always amazed at how folks try to tie unrelated things together. But I understand, he's getting desperate

Maybe when his death sentence comes do they can have a special gas chamber modeled after the kind the Nazi's used made just for him  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

heatherrose

Quote from: Virginia Marie on October 14, 2009, 11:50:12 PMMaybe when his death sentence comes do they can have a special gas chamber modeled after the kind the Nazi's used made just for him  :P

Give it what it wants, BA, FFS and SRS sans anesthesia.

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

heatherrose

Quote from: Laura91 on October 16, 2009, 12:00:48 AM...does not have a TG bone in his body.

As heinous as the crimes that is individual is accused of are,
none of us are in a position to judge whether or not he suffers from GID.
It is impossible for us to know one way or another.

Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
  •  

heatherrose

Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
  •