Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Bio-guys + Adam's apples?

Started by icontact, September 29, 2009, 10:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icontact

So I just saw a picture of myself stretching my neck out and I thought it looked a bit funny, perhaps because of the lack of Adam's apple and began wondering, do all bio-guys have Adam's apples? Or what percentage do? Like say, young men, 16-24.
Hardly online anymore. You can reach me at http://cosyoucantbuyahouseinheaven.tumblr.com/ask
  •  

Inphyy

There is actually guys without an Adam's Apple and some that just have a really really small one that it's really hard to see or pick up on! =]
  •  

Myself

Considering the thread on the mtf forum about adam's apple and several said they never had one.. I'd say adam's apple isn't all that guy marker, but a possible trait.

Then again, there are normal women with it.

Personally, until I was told about the existence of adam's apple about a year ago, I had no clue it exists.
I am not going to the city a lot so I guess it's part of the lack of human encounters, I also kind of skipped my last 2 high school grades so I guess I missed the guy's puberty.

Since I was told of its existence, I tried to find mine in the mirror but failed ^^ although I started notice that like every second guy has it, or maybe even third guy doesn't ?
  •  

jesse

i have one you can feel it it isnt visable alot depents on size of it and skin fat layer there as well
like a knife that cuts you the wound heals but them scars those scars remain
  •  

Jay

I think it all depends on the size of the guy and the size of the "apple" as such!

Jay

•  

Renate

Being male, skinny and old makes for a prominent Adam's apple.
  •  

Alex_C

Renate your neck looks like mine except mine is thicker, yes I'm the only one in my gym (that I've seen) that exercises their neck.

I don't think I have much of an Adam's apple but then being stuck at the outset with a female body that makes sense. But:

Many cismales are overweight, hides it.
Many have a short "charlie brown" head-on-shoulders build, no apparent neck.
Many just don't have much of an Adam's apple.
Many hold their head in such a way that it doesn't stick out.

I think stuff like arm hair or lack thereof, hairline, face shape, mannerisms, muscularity, a bunch of stuff, are gender cues and I'm not sure with all of those, if people ever get around to looking at your Adam's apple with the one possible exception of, if you're a hot gal with a huge one you're gonna get funny looks.
  •  

childofwinter

You can't see mine at all, although I am a bit overweight. Feeling my neck in that general area, there doesn't seem to be any huge AA there, although there is something there.

Some men look like something's trying to escape out of their throats, some men don't have any visible AA at all and some men are somewhere in between.
I have no concrete idea of my gender identity, but I believe I am an Androgyne.
  •