Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

6 Months in. How do I look?

Started by Reyes, October 20, 2017, 11:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyes

Okay so first off you should know I'm 29. My birthday was in June. And I've been in my 6th month for a little over a week now. And was just wondering what other think about how I look. Do you notice any kind of change? Personally I don't, but I may not be the best judge of that.

1 Month, 2 Weeks in(I never liked taking my picture so it never occurred to me to do so before this.)

3 days ago. (My hair isn't this straight at the moment. It can be a bitch, my hair that is. It took like 2 hours then to actually get it like this.)

Opinions?
Sunday, November 15th 2015/Sunday, August 7th 2016/Wednesday, May 10th 2017 x2

•  

Devlyn

I've been 29 forever!   :laugh:

What can we say? The smile makes words unnecessary. HRT has obviously made your life better.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Reyes

It has. I still get down sometimes though cause I wish changes would start becoming more noticeable to me.

•  

Devlyn

It's a momentum thing, too. It takes a while to spool up, then there's no stopping you!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Reyes

Hope so. I saw a chart awhile back that showed the changes actually starting up for real at around the 6 month mark. Dunno if it meant beginning of the 6th month, or after, but I've been really hoping it's right.

•  

Allie24

Your face appears a little softer than the before image, but aside from that it looks like there's still a ways you have yet to go, but don't let that discourage you. For those who are past puberty the changes tend to come more slowly since your body isn't pushing hormones like an adolescent or young adult. Have some patience. In a year you'll be shocked by the difference.
  •  

Jailyn

I was going to say what Allie did that your face does look softer and the smile does make it better. As for your changes be patient all of us develop differently (which I am learning myself, like you I look for changes daily.). Some of us develop on the top quicker, some advance faster overall, and there are those you look at just scoff (cause they look great before transitioning). It is all going to be based on your genetics and how your hormones are going. So keep the positivity up and the changes will come. By the way I just a little over that 6 month mark myself.
  •  

Reyes

Speaking on genetics. Does that mean like how my family is is close to what I should expect?

Cause if so for me it could go either one of two wildly varying directions. My moms side are pretty petite, my dads side the woman are full figured. I think I'm heading in that direction though as I've gained some weight in my waist since I started on the hormones. They don't have thin waists, more just a little thinner then hips. If that makes any sense.

•  

Allie24

Quote from: Reyes on October 20, 2017, 04:36:49 PM
Speaking on genetics. Does that mean like how my family is is close to what I should expect?

Cause if so for me it could go either one of two wildly varying directions. My moms side are pretty petite, my dads side the woman are full figured. I think I'm heading in that direction though as I've gained some weight in my waist since I started on the hormones. They don't have thin waists, more just a little thinner then hips. If that makes any sense.

Females generally inherit their sex-based traits from the mother, so any development you'll see, physically, from HRT, will resemble your mother/sisters.
  •  

Reyes

Quote from: Allie24 on October 20, 2017, 07:45:47 PM
Females generally inherit their sex-based traits from the mother, so any development you'll see, physically, from HRT, will resemble your mother/sisters.
My sister actually got from my dad's side though. My moms the petite one. My sister is like all the women on my dad's side.

•  

Allie24

Quote from: Reyes on October 20, 2017, 08:09:54 PM
My sister actually got from my dad's side though. My moms the petite one. My sister is like all the women on my dad's side.

In that case then... Idk lol In all honesty my knowledge of the science could be COMPLETELY off, so don't take my word for it. I recommend looking it up online.
  •  

Roll

It might just be the variation in pictures and expressions, but your eyes look wider. (A trait Allie and others mentioned in the before and after thread.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Reyes

My eyes are just extra open in the newer pic. Most of the time they're more like the old one in width. Though I think they are a slight bit wider even still. And I think it looks even more so because of how my eyelids are strangely darker the past few months. My sister's are the same way. Dunno why. Seems like a strange thing to be caused by gender genetics. But maybe I just don't know enough on it all. :3

•  

Tiame

Hi I do photography as a hobby. From the view angles i see.  Older picture not wanting to look into a camera somewhat unsure of herself.  Second picture. Something been a changing. Looks hmm only way I can say it lot more relaxed and showing confidence to the world at random. And far less haunted in the eyes.  Keep doing you.
  •