Previous topic - Next topic

How well do you know your religion

I have read cover to cover my holy text
I have read a good bit of it. but not all
I have read about half of it.
I only know what I have been told.
Other (Please Explain)

Carolyn

Exactly How many of the people here who claim to believe in any said religion actually READ there holy texts.
Also if you are curious about me on this I will tell you this:
When it comes to knowledge about religion, I'm a go-to girl about it.
Name a religion, and I'll tell you everything you wish to know about it.
From Islam to Buddhism, Paganism to Zionism. Religion is a very interesting subject to me. So by all means, HAVE AT ME. I will answer any and all questions as best I can, and with complete honesty.
  •  

Nero

I don't know. I think I read it everyday for awhile when I was about nine. Some of the stories in there scared me to death as a kid. :laugh: Forget the bogey man and bed monsters, some of those bible stories were the scariest thing I ever heard.  :laugh:

Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Inphyy

As an baptized Christian at 3, where I had no say...I grew up around church but I never really got into the Bible and still up to this day; I know what other people say...But like I always say, I don't believe jack sh*t of what people say until I see some proof! :]
  •  

Miniar

I've read everything I've been able to get my hands on, not just in respect to my own spiritual beliefs but also other belief systems, religions, science and psychology related to the topic.
I don't have "blind" faith. I have carefully considered and chosen beliefs.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

lisagurl

QuoteI will answer any and all questions as best I can, and with complete honesty.

Have you found something to believe in?
  •  

Carolyn

Quote from: lisagurl on September 27, 2009, 11:38:49 AM
Have you found something to believe in?

As in what exactly? Because I could answer this in many different ways, and with many different answers.
But as far as Religion goes, I don't follow any religion and I never will
  •