Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Sweating on estrogen?

Started by Autumn, November 06, 2009, 08:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn

I started taking E back in August. This week I started sweating again (under arm.) I basically didn't sweat or have odor and stopped wearing deodorant because I didn't need it. I was rudely surprised yesterday.

I find it kind of bizarre and don't recall others mentioning experiencing it. Obviously, women need deodorant too (of course, women glow, not sweat.)
  •  

Janet_Girl

I have basically stopped sweating under the arms myself, And I use to sweat bad.  It is nice to kow that it isn't a problem.  I stunk really bad.

Janet
  •  

Bellaon7

My experience was similar, it seemed like I hardly sweated/smelled at all at first then started to a little more later, but not nearly as bad as before. My sense of smell also changed drammaticly, I literaly have spray parfume under my nose to ride the bus.
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: Autumn on November 06, 2009, 08:49:04 AM
I started taking E back in August. This week I started sweating again (under arm.) I basically didn't sweat or have odor and stopped wearing deodorant because I didn't need it. I was rudely surprised yesterday.

I find it kind of bizarre and don't recall others mentioning experiencing it. Obviously, women need deodorant too (of course, women glow, not sweat.)

I sweat more on HRT as well
Living in the real world, not a fantasy
  •  

clhere

I haven't really noticed much sweating myself (sure sign I gotta exercise more lol) but the smell in that area has totally changed  :)
  •  

Hannah

Except for when I'm exercising I pretty much quit perspiring in my underarms, but started down my back. The other day it occurred to me that it was my hair, the kind hanging from my head lol, that was making me warm. Are you wearing it down a lot and framing your face and all that stuff cause it can make ya hot in more ways than one *giggle*
  •  

Autumn

Quote from: Naturally Blonde on November 07, 2009, 07:23:10 PM
I sweat more on HRT as well

Oh I couldn't leave the house without deodorant before HRT - it stopped for several months and now has returned when I get surprisingly warm.

No, I wear my hair up almost exclusively in a high tail or just up.
  •  

Alyssa M.

I sweat less, but it's definitely not gone; I use antiperspirant daily. Many things that once would have had me dripping now make me merely glisten, the underarms are definitely easier to control, and I think it's not as acrid a smell. Sweaty men definitely smell worse to me now. But I wonder how much of trhe change I perceive is psychological.
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

Suzy

I sweat a lot less overall.  But, I find myself a lot more susceptible to hot flashes.  Sometimes I will just get hot "for no particular reason."  I have always worn deodorant daily and never really stunk.  But funny thin is (I swear I am not making this up) my male dog has taken to smelling me in different places, including my armpits.

Kristi
  •