News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I had to laugh ...

Started by Cowardly Lioness, May 25, 2009, 01:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowardly Lioness

Hi everyone  ;D

Just wanted to say hi (since I'm new here) and tell a quick story.

I'm in my 40s and married and have tried to contain my TS feelings for a very long time (without much success) including growing a full beard to make me feel more manly.  Recently I have let my hair grow, got my ears pierced and began removing body hair.  Not too long ago I shaved my mustache and beard.  Now I am not fooling myself ... I look like a man.  My body and facial structure are masculine and it would take more than a layer of make up and some pretty clothes to cover it up.

Anyway ... My wife and I were out shopping.  I was dressed in my usual guy clothes (casual and loose).  We walked into a plus size women's clothing store to look around and the clerk walked up and asked ,"Can I help you ladies?"  :o  I turned and stared in shock (probably looked like a deer in the headlights), my wife started laughing and finally said no thank you. 

I personally think the clerk just has very bad eyesight ... but I did get a good laugh out of it 8)
  •  

Jay

Wow. Its brilliant when these things happen. And the fact you weren't even dressed Absolutely brilliant. :)

Jay

•  

tekla

Actually it speaks more for my thesis that people are paying a lot less attention than we think they are.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

finewine

I got hassled by the religious police once in Saudi because they were behind me, saw long hair (that I had at the time) and bare arms...they came around all set to give me a beating (cane at the ready and everything) when they saw my face and went "aahh ok".

But that wasn't funny - I didn't laugh at all.  I can look back on it now with a smile, if I overlook what those policemen represent.
  •  

Just Kate

Aww, I like ironic/funny stories.  I have one:

Back when I was living as a girl, I got to know this awesome guy at work.  He was tall, handsome, intelligent, yadda yadda yadda.  He was one of the few who knew I was trans because he was one of the managers of the business. 

Anyhow, after working up the courage to talk with him, he and I developed a friendship, and he started inviting me to his upscale apartment to hang out with him.  Well after about a month of hanging out, I told him I'd really like to make dinner for us one night - to which he agreed.  It was that night I intended to... well, make my intentions known, and hoped we could hook up.

Dinner was served and I was so excited and nervous.  We sat down together to talk over dinner and, reading my mind and intentions, he said, "I want you to know that I really like you, I think you are terrific, but I could never have a relationship with you."  He then said, "I'm gay." 

I thought, "ok.... I can work with this" so I replied optimistically, "Well, I know you know I am trans, so is that still a problem?"

He laughed and said, "I know, but I absolutely cannot see you as male.  I tried, trust me, I thought I could make it work, but the more we hung out the more I realized I wasn't physically attracted to you."

I went home to my roommate... and cried....  oh the irony.  Funny now looking back at it.
Ill no longer be defined by my condition. From now on, I'm just, Kate.

http://autumnrain80.blogspot.com
  •  

Cowardly Lioness

Quote from: tekla on May 25, 2009, 01:22:38 PM
Actually it speaks more for my thesis that people are paying a lot less attention than we think they are.

I totally agree.  Unless something stands out as completely out of place people are not likely to even notice it (and even if it's obvious they may not ::)  )

Post Merge: May 26, 2009, 09:34:36 AM

interalia - That is too funny  ;D

finewine - I sometimes forget how different some cultures are.  That must have been a bit frightening.
  •  

aisha

•  

Debra

Gotta love stuff like this even if you know something else caused it.

When I was in the ER a bit ago, my hair was longer and such but it was still obvious I was male.

After waiting on a bed for the doc for a while, the clerk came back and replaced my wrist tag and smiled shyly and said something like "I had put female before".

I should've asked to keep the female-marked wrist tag for a souvenir lol.

My wife just glared at me.

•  

Hanlet

I always find it funny when a bouncer or attendant kicks me out of the female toilets in a club. Usually I'll be standing in there, waiting with a friend for another person, and I'll feel a hand on my arm. "Excuse me, sir, but you have to leave". When my friend(s) laugh and the bouncer gets a good look at me, they always give a mumbled 'sorry'. It can get irritating when I'm barred access before I even get there, but I'm not nearly confident enough in passing to use the blokes'. Most people expect me to be embarrassed, but I secretly love it :laugh:
  •