Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How far can a 5-yr old kid run?

Started by barbie, October 14, 2009, 11:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbie

Yesternight, I was indeed happy as I ran for exercise with my 5-yr old daughter and my wife.

My daughter kept after me to run outdoors with me when I began stretching at the living room. My wife said like "you are too young to run with your dad". But I encouraged my daughter to run with me.

Anyway, to take care of my daughter, my wife also accompnied me. We ran slowly to the seashore, which is about 4 km (2.5 miles) from my house. My daughter ran very well while acting cute. Sometimes she passed me, and she laughted all the time. We smiled too, and my wife thanked her for having a chance to exercise outdoors with me first time.

Finally when we arrived the seashore, she said her legs were tired and her mom hold her in arms. I ran very fast to my house to bring the minivan. It took about 20 min when I saw my wife and daughter walking toward my house.

Next morning, my daughter said she felt pain in her legs, but wished to run again with me.

I am wondering whether anybody has seen an average 5-yr old kid run more than 4 km (2.5 mile) at first time  :)

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

katgirl74

My daughter, who recently turned six loves running, and actually asks to go to the track to run. She will run a mile or more on the track, so I don't think a 2.5 mile beach run is out of the question.

Kat
  •  

barbie

During the winter, my daughter did not run with me, but she hopes to do it very soon as spring is coming. Yesterday night I run about 20 km (about 15 miles) for 2.5 hours. There were a lot of people in beach as yesterday was a traditional holiday here (the first full moon day after lunar new year).

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Erica L.

Growing up, everyone was careful that I had proper footwear for running. That can make a huge difference in shin and knee growth, if she's going to be running regularly.
  •