Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Blamming Allah?

Started by bigbreastlover4269, May 03, 2009, 09:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine

Alyssa,

That wasnt the point I was trying to make. I was just trying to help make the point that apparently in Iran it has been recognised that God does occasionally make a mistake and the Theocracy there has allowed people to change Sex.

You certainly are not going to see any other change in attitudes from the Islamic Imams mainly because they are living in the 9th century and are highly likely to emerge from this any time soon.

But as I said it was just an argument to put forward to Biglovers mother..

Quote from: Alyssa M. on June 17, 2009, 01:34:19 PM
Catherine, I understand. But Iran's narrow acceptance of transsexuality at the expense of acceptance of homosexuality is offensive to me not only because it specifically excludes me, but becaues it reinforces the constraints of the patriarchal gender binary that serve to oppress all of us. I haven't heard of a lot of transsexual men in Iran either. Any similar conditional acceptance within my own religion (Christianity) would similarly leave me cold.

If, however, Iran's theocracy were to legalize homosexuality and transsexuality without contraint and to outlaw discrimination based on sex, gender, or sexuality -- in keeping with the spirit of the very liberal reforms Islam brought to a far more repressive, violent, and misogynistic culture -- then that would be something to celebrate.
  •  

Alyssa M.

I don't think Islam is really as backwards as many seem to think. Sure, the reactionary side has been ascendent in the last generation, basically since 1979 -- which is also true of Christianity -- but the progressive side is definitely there. Look at, for example, Afghanistan before the Soviet invasion (which the older generation tends to remember very fondly) or the way much of Iran lives when the theocratic authorities aren't looking, or the public personas of many Middle Eastern elites (certain Saudi royals; Bashar al-Assad of Syria and his wife Asma), and you'll see a culture much more open-minded than the burqa and kaffiyeh stereotype would suggest.

So I do hope for something more. Perhaps that makes me an eternal optimist, but so be it.
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

Katie.D

There are rumors that at least one of the senior Saudi royals is secretly a sufi, very far from the austere face they show the world
  •  

heatherrose

The way that I look at things is that, the CREATOR only set things in motion at the beginning.
GODDESS didn't cause you to be a male, no more than she caused a baby to be born with
Spinal Bifida or deformed limbs. These things just happen randomly. How we deal with our own
limitations or deformities and those of others, is where a reliance on the example and teachings
of A HIGHER POWER comes in to effect. Playing the blame game is a waste of time and energy.

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

bigbreastlover4269

Quote from: PolarBear on May 13, 2009, 05:16:37 AM
Question is, why do you feel the need to blame anyone?

Even if you found the "right" person to blame, would that change anything? Would you miraculously change overnight? Would somehow the world be a more accepting place?
No, and you know it.
This has nothing to do with 'blame', but everything with accepting yourself. You are who and what you are. Now what are you going to do about it? Sit here and try to place blame on someone (which really solves nothing) or better your situation in whatever way possible?

PolarBear

So if someone killed your whole family, you wouldn't be as mad as I am!!! Oh sure, blaming the murderer wouldn't bring them all back but you'd still be mad like I am!

AND I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE ANGRY!
  •  

heatherrose

Quote from: BigLover on September 11, 2009, 06:22:24 AMAND I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE ANGRY!

I have been FURIOUS with the Creator on several occasions,
for various different reasons and I found it to be quite an effective problem
solving tool. I guess I was able to frighten the Goddess enough, with my fury,
that I woke up one day and, "Blessed Be", my body was miraculously changed
to that of a woman. If you treat me nice, I might aim a little angst your way
to see if we can get her to do the same for you. You better be nice to
me though, 'cause you wouldn't like it if I was ANGRY with you.

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

bigbreastlover4269

I have been FURIOUS with the Creator on several occasions,
for various different reasons and I found it to be quite an effective problem
solving tool. I guess I was able to frighten the Goddess enough, with my fury,
that I woke up one day and, "Blessed Be", my body was miraculously changed
to that of a woman. If you treat me nice, I might aim a little angst your way
to see if we can get her to do the same for you. You better be nice to
me though, 'cause you wouldn't like it if I was ANGRY with you.
[/quote]

WOAH! There's no way in heck you're telling the truth... Well, not that I can speak for The Creator but you're meaning to tell me that after all that anger towards Her, She finally made you a woman! I can say She will or won't do me the same favor, I'd greatly appreciate it if She did change me into the girl in my avatar but be honest, did Allah/The Creator really change you into a female overnight? Sometimes, life's little miracles are meant to happen, I guess. I wonder if I felt the same anger and venom you did toward Allah last night. Last night, I was mad as you-know-where!
  •  

clairezoey

in islam we have another life after death. we live not only in this world. let say, we live in earth for 70 years, then died. in afterlife, if we enter the heaven, we can live forever with god.

this the interesting part. in islam, when we live in the heaven, god will give us everything we wanted. so if we wanted to be a women, it will be granted, and we can be a preety women that we ever wanted while in earth =)

why i call it another life? because, in heaven, u can ask god to create another earth that u will be the main hero/heroin..and in this world u will live as a happy beautyfull women that never die and never get older..

so, while we in the real earth now, god makes us be trans women and we dont like it, dont blame god....god just wanna see how much our passion toward HIM...and life is short in earth..makes it sweet.
  •  

mimpi

Quote from: clairezoey on August 29, 2010, 09:10:31 PM
in islam we have another life after death. we live not only in this world. let say, we live in earth for 70 years, then died. in afterlife, if we enter the heaven, we can live forever with god.

this the interesting part. in islam, when we live in the heaven, god will give us everything we wanted. so if we wanted to be a women, it will be granted, and we can be a preety women that we ever wanted while in earth =)

why i call it another life? because, in heaven, u can ask god to create another earth that u will be the main hero/heroin..and in this world u will live as a happy beautyfull women that never die and never get older..

so, while we in the real earth now, god makes us be trans women and we dont like it, dont blame god....god just wanna see how much our passion toward HIM...and life is short in earth..makes it sweet.

Masha'Allah, what a wonderful, wise, and beautiful post, brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for writing that from my heart, He has blessed with great faith and insight. :)
  •