Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Prototype

Started by Silver, May 14, 2009, 01:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver

So anybody here ever hear of Prototype? What do you think of it?

Looks awesome I think. Definitely am going to buy it as soon as it comes out.

Brand new Prototype trailer Revealed (HD) Summer 2009
  •  

TooManyToasters

This has the potential to be incredibly kickass. I hope they come out with a demo, but if not, I'll probably give this a rent or wait to read some reviews then buy it if it's well received.
I won't be camping outside EB Games, but I'm reasonably excited for this.
  •  

Lori

"In my world, everybody is a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!"

If the shoe fits, buy it in every color.
  •  

Silver

Hmm. Don't think anyone's reading it, but I shall ramble anyway.

I got it on the ninth when it came out, and I think it's pretty kickass. Then again, that may be the thing I have for shapeshifters talking. Rather exciting, challenging, and filled with blood. If you like shiny graphics, you may be disappointed though. Runs pretty smoothly too (360.)
  •  

Miniar

oooooooooooooooooooo.....

Potential!

I rarely get excited for a game. The last game I was all "yeah, I'll spend money on that" was Fallout 3 and before that, YEARS went buy where I was all "meh, maybe I'l dl it".
But this... I see potential for much awesomeness..

I might actually get it.
If I don't, hubby will, it's right up his alley.
_

Actually, we've decided that we'll wait until Zero Punctuation reviews it and then decide whether to buy or not.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Nero

pretty hardcore looking game.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Jeatyn

Quote from: Miniar on June 15, 2009, 08:04:39 AM
oooooooooooooooooooo.....

Potential!

I rarely get excited for a game. The last game I was all "yeah, I'll spend money on that" was Fallout 3 and before that, YEARS went buy where I was all "meh, maybe I'l dl it".
But this... I see potential for much awesomeness..

I might actually get it.
If I don't, hubby will, it's right up his alley.
_

Actually, we've decided that we'll wait until Zero Punctuation reviews it and then decide whether to buy or not.

If you wait for Yahtzee to review it and then play it...any problems it does have will have already been pointed out to you and that'll make you notice them more :P
  •  

Miniar

Quote from: Jeatyn on June 15, 2009, 08:43:20 AM
If you wait for Yahtzee to review it and then play it...any problems it does have will have already been pointed out to you and that'll make you notice them more :P
There's that, but there's also the fact that Yahtzee makes me laugh, so I'll laugh remembering the review when I see the faults.. instead of just rolling my eyes and going "GAH! stupid"

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Lachlann

*yawn* Another emo amnesia character... really, can't we do something that's not already been done to death?
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

TooManyToasters

I rented this game and I'm liking it. It can be frustratingly difficult at times, but it's pretty good so far.
Causing random mayhem around the city in free roam is a blast. Picking up a car and running through a crowd of people = endless hilarity.
  •  

Crypt77

Man, I can't wait to play this game. Unfortunately at the moment my friends and I (since we share games) do not have any money to purchase it or to even rent it. However, it's definitely on our list of things to play. I can watch this trailer over and over again. :P
  •  

Silver

Quote from: Monty on June 15, 2009, 08:55:02 AM
*yawn* Another emo amnesia character... really, can't we do something that's not already been done to death?

No sir, I'm afraid we can't. There is very little, if anything, new under the sun.

Videogames are no longer about the stories. They're about the graphics, environments, and violent gameplay. Prototype's pretty typical, but addicting.
  •  

Lachlann

Quote from: SilverFang on July 15, 2009, 06:40:11 AM
No sir, I'm afraid we can't. There is very little, if anything, new under the sun.

It's not about what is new or not. You can take a cliche and make it good and interesting if it's written well, but there's also no excuse for using stock characters and not doing anything innovative with them.

Quote from: SilverFang on July 15, 2009, 06:40:11 AM
Videogames are no longer about the stories. They're about the graphics, environments, and violent gameplay. Prototype's pretty typical, but addicting.

I think several fandoms would beg to differ.  ;)
Simply put, it's only become a bigger deal these days.

You can't step one foot without someone complaining that a sequel to a game was retconned too much, lost the original flavour in it's story or the worry that they're going to ruin the story. Not to mention several lore debates I've witnessed in many different forums about several different games. And as someone who studies and follows this sort of thing for a future career, story is just as important as gameplay. Graphics are debatable but enticing.

Mary-sues(or Gary-Stus if you prefer) are not something I find enjoyable in a video game and it's annoying that people settle for less. But I wont hold it against you if you enjoy it.
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

Silver

Fair enough. Actually I'm just incredibly fascinated with shapeshifters, and not only is this a game about a shapeshifter but I can play as a shapeshifter. (Icing on the cake.)

I was being a little sarcastic though. Then there's the FF series. People love those heartbreaking stories, don't they?

SilverFang
  •  

King Malachite

*3 year later*

I played the game and thought it would of been better without the zombie stuff and more focused on the millitary but that's just me lol.  It was still a decent game though.  I only got it because I wanted something similar to inFAMOUS.

I thought about getting Prototype 2 but to kill Alex?  I don't know that will be tough lol.

Whatever happened to Alex's sister?
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •