Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Day Three

Started by Remetan, November 02, 2009, 02:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remetan

This last weekend I made the decision to get sober. I am on day three. I have been reading through some alcohol detox sites and telling all my friends.

I had to call in sick this morning to work because my body is not okay and I did not sleep at all last night. I would take some advil and go in, except I have to drive very long distances and falling asleep on the highway sounded like a terrible idea.

So, hopefully I won't get fired or have to go through this detox much longer. I don't want to have to talk to my boss about my problem.

All in all I feel good about this decision. I am just terrified of the emotional typhoon I know is coming and the mess I made of my life that I will have to clean up when I feel a little stronger.

Just wanted to put that out there I guess...and feel like someone is listening.
  •  

Suzy

A huge congratulations to you!  One of the best decisions you could ever make.

Just remember that you should not try to do this on your own.  Keep talking.  If you never have before, find a sponsor who will be with you and make some support meetings. 

I really wish you the very best.

Kristi
  •  

Sandy

You will always find someone here to listen!

Congratulations!  Each day you will get stronger.

Please find someone to sponsor you and get you to support meetings.  You have friends who will help.

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Janet_Girl

Several have fought and won that battle.  Day by day and it will get better.

We are all here for you.

Janet
  •