News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What all happens when HRT?

Started by Nicky-Nicole, November 06, 2006, 11:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky-Nicole

Hi everyone,
                  I'm just woundering what all body changes have you noticed.I know boobs,softer skin,a more fem look.But what else happens?Does your hands/feet size change any?just wondering cause I want to start on HRT next year.
  •  

Rei Ayanami

Nicky-Lee I belive that this is covered in the wiki but if I remember reading correctly your hands and feet will not change size since they are mostly made of bone and Hormones mostly effect muscle mass and fat distribution and hair growth. So unless you have a lot of muscle in your hands and feet I wouldn't expect to see any radical changes Here's the link to the wiki section on Hormones https://www.susans.org/wiki/Hormone_replacement_therapy_%28trans%29#HRT_male-to-female_.28MtF.29

Rei
  •  

tinkerbell

Hello Nicky-Lee;

The effects of estrogen depends on the individual and on the type of hormones you are being prescribed.  Although the physical changes in the MTF are very subtle, some TS people are able to accomplish a very feminine appearance with HRT alone.

QuoteDoes your hands/feet size change any?

No, hormones don't change bone structure, so your height, the size of your hands, feet, and pelvis remain unchanged.  Hormones do distribute fat in your face, hips, and other parts of your body though; therefore, a much softer feature and body can be accomplished with continued use of estrogen.  Please take a sec to read the link in our wiki which Rei has provided, for it contains very valuable information regarding your question.

tinkerbell :icon_chick: 
  •