Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Boy in eyeliner

Started by Ender, November 04, 2009, 03:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn

Heh, I've actually pondered the 'drag' question. Drag for me would definitely be wearing a big masculine outfit... and I'd probably still be 50/50 nowadays. But I don't *want* to dress like a man. And I don't want to go to a drag show as female because it's *not drag* - and I don't want to be seen as a drag queen if somebody clocks me.

#1 is a great shot, you might consider replacing your avatar. Your brows and the curly hair are detriments, I think - but usually guys with curly hair like that are 'softer' men anyway.

For the dudes here, what do you see as the most feminine glasses? Not to hijack, but since it came up. I've put off getting a new pair for a long time because I cannot find the right frame at all.
  •  

myles

Glasses are hard, I have a men's plastic frame thick ones on my avatar and think they still look feminine, so I don't think changing the style will work for you.  Glasses I think just look feminine until you really get the square jaw/ face thing happening even more. Let me know if you find glasses that you think work better. I agree that they are the only thing that makes you look feminine at all.
Myles
If I find any I will send you a picture but mine have to be larger as I wear bifocals.
"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"
  •  

Vancha

Yeah, I would definitely try different frames, or even contact lenses.  I don't know exactly why they feminize you.  I do agree the thin eyebrows do something, but the glasses themselves have a feminizing effect.  Otherwise I would definitely say you look male.

Oh, and my father wears glasses but they are not feminizing.  Go for smaller, rectangular glasses with thinner frames.
  •  

myles

Quote from: V on November 05, 2009, 02:38:06 PM
Oh, and my father wears glasses but they are not feminizing.  Go for smaller, rectangular glasses with thinner frames.
I think that would work for you Eryk.
Myles
"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"
  •  

BrandiOK

No glasses or eyeliner and I wouldn't question you for a second...with, on the other hand, makes a huge difference in my opinion.  I understand that eyeliner is popular with some of the emo or goth boys but it does add a noticeable femininity.  It's whatever you are comfortable with.

My advice, skip the eyeliner, try to get a more masculine frame for glasses and the eyebrows could go either way so no biggie there. 
  •  

Bel979

In your profile picture you def look 100% male.

However in the other pics you are def sitting in the middle, if I saw you walking down the street, I would not be sure.
  •