Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I am legit

Started by cynthialee, November 19, 2009, 07:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cynthialee

So I am no longer DIY. My Dr. begrudingly gave me HRT regimine drugs after my wife and my case manager twisted his arm. Niether of them wanted me DIY and the only way they could get me to stop diy was to give me my meds.
Kind of a crapy way to go about it but I did it anyways. I will be starting counsiling with a gender therapist on the 28th so I havent completely circumnavigated the requirement for therapy. Just partialy.
So I am officaly no longer a dumbass. LOL
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

LordKAT

gratz on joining the legal crowd. Therapists do make some things easier, like changing docs and getting surgeries.
  •  

Janet_Girl

It is really the best way to go.  Many start DIY, but to go forward the only way is with a therapist's help.

Congratulations, Cynthia

Janet
  •  

cynthialee

The funny thing is he put me on almost exactly the same HRT regimine I figured out on my own. Only differance is he didn't want to add a progesterone like I did. meh I will go with the Dr's advise. 
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

MaggieB

Good for you, Cynthialee! I was on DIY HRT for seven years because I was unable to face a health professional. I took the first year of medical school so I knew what was involved to keep safe at least sort of. For me it was a matter that my family would allow me to self medicate on grounds that it was for prostate issues but to go to a gender therapist was to dabble in perversion.  Finally, I went legit too so I could get the rest of the gatekeeping done.

Best of luck,
Maggie
  •  

cynthialee

I thought I should make something perfectly clear. I do not think that what I did (diy) was a smart idea in the least. I knew I was playing with fire. However I felt very traped and I wanted to get my doctors undivided attention. He is very ADD and gets sidetraked fast. I spent ALOT of time researching and what I have determined is when you hear some one preachy about messing with your endocrine system, they are not talking out thier ass. I only did the DIY for about 45 days before disclosing to my doctor. Lucky for me he just happens to be very well versed in transgender issues as he has had 5 other trans clients before me. Also he is multi-specialized HIV/AIDS and Endocrinology, trained in Europe and the U.S. and a doctor for 20+ years so he has plenty experiance.
Anyways I am not comepletely out of the woods. I have yet to get the results from the gallon of blood they took from me yesterday. Hopefully I didn't do any actual damage to myself. 

/hugz all
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •