Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Payless BOGO, trying shoes on for the first time

Started by Debra, October 01, 2009, 07:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debra

Well I needed some new shoes so I ran over there last night before they closed. They have their BOGO (Buy One Get One 1/2 off) going on so I figured I'd get 2 pairs of flats.

Well I got in there and the gal at the counter asked me if I was looking for something in particular and I told her the ones I saw online that I liked and that I needed them in a size 12W. She gave me a weird look and then showed me the 12 section and simply said "well these are all we have in 12". I said thanks and proceeded in trying a bunch of them on.

There weren't many people in the store at this hour and I had had a couple beers before coming (happy hr after work) so I felt very comfortable trying shoes on. At one point a guy walked down the rows of shelves talking on his cell phone and he stopped and looked at me weird but then kept walking.

I picked out 2 pairs of cute flats and some pink wedges that were only $5. I got to the counter and another lady said "You need a 4th item, it's buy one get one!" Well I didn't take too much convincing, I went back and got a pair of cute moccasins too lol.

As I was checking out, the original gal remarked that she loved her moccasins and I said "yah, they're cute". When she was scanning the wedges, I asked her if they were $5 because they didn't sell because of the size and she smiled and remarked "Yes, most likely."

Overall the experience was uplifting. Being able to go in and try shoes on unhindered and being very open about the fact that they were for me. The only bad thing is the one pair of flats I actually wanted, they didn't have in size 11 or 12. So if I still want them at some point, I'll have to purchase them online.

•  

Alex_C

Wow a good shoe buying experience!! :o

I"m on the opposite end, a men's 5. I was overjoyed to score two pairs of US made paratrooper boots in 5R and 5.5R, for $100 each.

I got a lot of shoes at thrift stores but I wear 'em out quick too.
  •  

Kimberley

I also bought  a pair of strappy heels at Payless. Just walked into the store to the size 11 section found a pair that I liked and took them to the counter and paid for them. Now if I can get the same courage to ust walk in and buy a dress I will then be truely over the moon.

Alex-C, you look great in your avatar. When I was in my late teens and early twenties my friends took up weights and I also tried them but no matter what no muscle grew the trainer said I was a lost cause and the first that he had failed at being able to develop. My arms have always been slender with no muscle tone and m torso has also been slim with no muscle definition. Can we swap X and Y chromosomes? I'm sure that would make us both very happy. 
  •  

Debra

It's funny, so much has happened since I posted this. I've actually been back to Payless dressed fully a few times now, no problem.

The only problem is how my pocketbook is reverse proportional to the amount of shoes piling up in my closet, help! LOL

•  

Mr. Fox

Ha, I have the same problem, solved by buying shoes at the thrift store, where I can get cool shoes for $2, so it doesn't matter that the number of pairs of shoes I have are in the double digits (yeah, I think I've been kicked out of the MEN'S Club.)
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Jerica on October 27, 2009, 09:22:00 AM
It's funny, so much has happened since I posted this. I've actually been back to Payless dressed fully a few times now, no problem.

The only problem is how my pocketbook is reverse proportional to the amount of shoes piling up in my closet, help! LOL

I love the payless shoestores. Whenever I visit the U.S., I try to find a payless. Unfortunately, I could not find any this year in Nashville.

Most of women's shores I still keep were actually from Payless. They are affordable and endurable.

Yes. At first, my wife purchased my first 4-inch high heel sandals about 6 years ago, which I still sometimes wear in summer. They still look sexy to me, but my wife always looks surpirsed at my exaggerated height   ;)

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •