News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

10 things I have learned about life

Started by Melissa, October 21, 2006, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melissa

Here are 10 things I have learned about life:

1. Don't beat yourself up.  There are plenty of people in the world willing to do it for you.
2. Friends are the most valuable thing in the world.
3. If it's worth dying for, then it's worth living for.
4. If you have no enemies, then you aren't successful.
5. Miracles do happen.
6. Never give up until all hope is gone.  Something may just change.
7. If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is.  However, sometimes it's worth investigating.
8. If something is worth keeping, then cherish it dearly.
9. It's OK to like yourself.
10. We are all unique and different.  Celebrate your own uniqueness.

Feel free to post some of your own lessons learned in life.

Melissa
  •  

Robyn

11.  What other people say about me is none of my business.
12.  Read?  Smile and keep on walking.
13.  Chocolate?  No chocolate here.

Robyn

When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

Elizabeth

Hey Melissa,

I have learned some really important things:

• Our lives need not be controlled by the beliefs of others
  • We did not ask to be born and are not beholden to our families
  • The past is inflexible and can not be changed. It's wasted effort thinking or worrying about it
  • The future is uncertain and unpredictable, it's wasted effort thinking about it or worrying about it.
  • Be nicer to your friends, parents and SO's and you will have nicer friends, parents and SO's
  • Everyone needs time for personal reflection(meditation)
  • Live for yourself. Live to make yourself happy, no one else will

Love always,
Elizabeth
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Elizabeth on October 21, 2006, 06:45:48 PM

• The past is inflexible and can not be changed. It's wasted effort thinking or worrying about it
  • The future is uncertain and unpredictable, it's wasted effort thinking about it or worrying about it.
Look at my signature. ;)

Melissa
  •  

Chaunte

21. Laughter is much better than anger.
22. Life is to be lived - not endured.
23. Use "Please" and "Thank you" often.  It may be the only respect someone receives during the day.

Chaunte
  •  

Cindi Jones

I have no enemies.... never cared for them.  ;)

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Cindianna_Jones on October 22, 2006, 02:52:00 AM
I have no enemies.... never cared for them.  ;)
What about the entire mormon church? ;)

Melissa
  •  

Ricki

great post!  I want to add we had this wonderful psychologist do some training for us in our health system and he has a website (added bonus-fridayslaws.com)
I am going to paste his "laws" as he calls them all very in your face and true!  I think these are good ones
1.     Life is difficult.     
2.    Perception is reality.    
3.    Change is the toughest thing a human being can do.    
4.    You can never change another human being; you can only change yourself. Once you change, they change, but you cannot change them.    
5.    I am responsible for everything I do and say. I am not responsible for your response.    
6.    The future and the past are seldom as good or as bad as we anticipate or remember.    
7.    Nobody has a squeaky-clean psyche.    
8.    The only thing that lasts forever is...Now.
On the website there is this free brai test thing that is pretty cool too!  He was a wonderful speaker as well.
Ricki
  •  

Melissa

Except for the first one, I came up with all the rest.  Their just pearls of wisdom I have picked up.  I have many more, but those are some of the best ones.  I actually heard the first one from my best friend.  She is my angel without wings. :angel:

Melissa
  •  

Ricki

So you're in very good standing then right up the with Doctor Paul friday!
hehe...
I'll have to wait until I'm more focused to do my own thoughts, had a pile of work drug home and it was taunting me the whole time i was on the pc!
R
  •  

Melissa

Well, my muse was working hard that day.  I was doing something else and all of these kept coming to me, so I decided to write them down.  Some of them I had never thought of before and some have been my philosophy for quite a while.

Melissa
  •  

Jessica

1. If, when we die, we are given a choice of whether we want to reincarnate or not, DO NOT!, Under any circumstances, ever, ever, ever.

2. If we are not given a choice about whether we can reincarnate, but we are given a choice what we can reincarnate as, pick something without free will and very little intelligence.

3. If we are given a choice about whether we want to continue to exist or not, to cease to exist is the best choice.

Those are the only three I need.
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Jessica on October 24, 2006, 08:14:20 AM
1. If, when we die, we are given a choice of whether we want to reincarnate or not, DO NOT!, Under any circumstances, ever, ever, ever.

2. If we are not given a choice about whether we can reincarnate, but we are given a choice what we can reincarnate as, pick something without free will and very little intelligence.

3. If we are given a choice about whether we want to continue to exist or not, to cease to exist is the best choice.

Those are the only three I need.
Well, those sound like they will only help you after life. :)

Melissa
  •  

Jessica

Very true, they aren't much help here but, I learned them here, and I intend to carry those lessons with me, if that's at all possible.  Like I've said in another thread, I really wish I could be an atheist, that would make so many things all that much easier.

Jessica
  •  

Ricki

I thought about this at work today and i have a few but its late i have to rest my brain for another long day tomorrow!
Tomorrow eveing i will have some things that i have learned in life.
All must wait another 24 hours. hehe!
  •