Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Oregon once again

Started by Leigh, July 28, 2005, 10:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh

Am I seeing more news than anyone else or is there something about this state that causes this.

http://www.oregonlive.com/metrowest/oregonian/beaverton/index.ssf?/base/metro_west_news/1122285461293480.xml&coll=7

The fluidity of gender
Thursday, July 28, 2005

A Southridge High grad looks like a girl, but lives like a boy Name: Megan "Danny" O'Dell Age: 18 School: 2005 Southridge High School graduate Danny and the Dance Revolution: Megan O'Dell came out to her mother in 10th grade because she ran out of excuses for staying late after school.

As O'Dell put it, "Only so many times can you tell your mom you're staying after school for Dance Dance Revolution Club," the music video game in which players try to keep up with computer-directed dance moves on a mat outfitted with pressure sensors.
  •  

Terri-Gene

" is there something about this state that causes this.

Must have something to do with the moist climate I guess, but if you are going to have something beautiful taking place, it may as well be in a beautiful place.

In the Early 60's I lived with my mother and brothers around Eugene some and in Elmira for some time, Went to Jr. High in Elmira, or a year of it anyway, there and Eugene.  While in/around Eugene, spent a lot of time on the rivers, Willamante (sp?) and McKenzie. had a ball hunting for gem stones on the banks and islands. No idea how many rafts and "house boats" I built or helped build with friends  Hanging out on the river was what I liked best back then. 

earned some money collecting stones and cuting the bark of "Chittum" Trees to be sold by the pound at collection points for the laxative companies.  Got 11 cents per pound I believe.  Made deals with land owners to clear these particular trees off of thier land, Cut the trees down by Axe, Stripped the bark with hunting knife, it pealed off like birch, collected it into burlap bags and piled up the tree trunks and limbs to be burned by the owner.  Actually made some decent money at it.

Terri
  •  

Leigh

See what happened?  You left and didn't get infected what the "good stuff"
  •  

Terri-Gene

Perhaps not, But I contributed a lot to the G.I. tracts of a lot of other oregonians.

Terri
  •  

Leigh

Kind of off topic but that was a *crappy* thing to say  ;D
  •  

Terri-Gene

Perhaps, but it might be that helping to remove all that **** helped set the stage for all that "good stuff" to some small degree.  Anyway, I can imagine it at least made a few people feel better.

Anyway Leigh, it is a beautiful State with some hardworking, progressive people in it.  In many ways it is actually more progressive then California, which I believe is wrongly considered to be the most progressive and liberal state.

In California, it has become all fashion and popularity.  I've noticed that activism in Oregon has a more grass roots influence and the people work harder, closer together, with more realistic goals then here, where we are hampered with infighting, and lack of interest by the majority.  We only get anything done out of sheer numbers, or small percentage of the sheer total number.

Terri
  •  

OregonCrossdress97

yah i live in oregon and alot of this happens theres even a gang of CD's And TG's that i have had a run in with a few times
  •  

Dennis

I like how the writer was respectful of pronouns as well.

And Terri, remind me never to invite you out for a beer and to "shoot the s**t".

Dennis
  •