Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Chemically shaving the beard?

Started by Kim_R, August 16, 2009, 05:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kim_R

HI Everyone,

I really hate the facial hair. Now; even when I shave it really well you start to feel it on the end of the day.  I'm thinking about chemically shaving it with Veet; is that going to work our? Or can that give chemical burns on the face?

Thought about just asking first before i'd have to explain some things to the people around me.

Thanks!
  •  

Ellieka

Bad idea hun, LOL! been there done that... burned the effing t-shirt cause it hurt like hell and did no good at all. I'd look into laser or electrolysis instead.
  •  

LivingInGrey

tried it once. i have to shave every day (stupid genetics) and did half my face with standard Nair shaved the other half. nair side did seem more smooth but regrowth was the same. not worth the cost of product for me, just going to stick with the blade =/
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

Kim_R

ah oke :) Good that I asked then.   I'm too shy to go to a place to get the laser treatment done..

P.s. Cami: You could replace : "Some day I'll think of something clever to put here..." with "Dont shave the beard with nair, it will ruin your t-shirt :)". 

Just a thought! .. :)
  •  

Ellieka

LOL! good idea... but My face was what got burned... I'm the one who burned the t-shirt.

I have tried both Nair and Veet and both left painful welts on my face.

As for the laser centers... No need to be embarrassed at all. They don't care at all about who or why you want in gone. Lots of men have it done just so they don't have to shave as often. when I set up my appointment I flat out told then that I was a transsexual. They were like  "oh ok, we treat lots of transgendered people we'd be happy to help you."

•  

Umbral_necropolitan

My experiences with using hair removal creme on my face only made the hair weaker/thinner.  It just didn't do the job, granted I was using stuff made for the face it was probably meant for removing small white hairs rather than coarse ones.
  •  

Janet_Girl

Other than shaving, electro or laser, there is nothing that works.  But if they ever came up with something, the TS/CD world would make them rick.

Janet
  •  

YellowDaisy

that's not good. i used to use nair on my upper lip, but it irritated my skin for days. you should stick with shaving and get started on electrolysis or laser.
  •  

jesse

i wouldnt be shy about laser or electro alot of guys are doing this now simply because theyre tired of shaving on my second trip to electro apointment there were three guys in the room waiting for their turn.
jessica
like a knife that cuts you the wound heals but them scars those scars remain
  •  

Pippa

That won't work as you won't kill the hair follicle and you will go through a lot of pain and discomfort.   I just had my fourth laser treatment and all is going well.   Yes it hurts during treatment and you get uneven lumpy skin for a couple of days but it will give the reults you are after. 

I justed asked straight out if they treated transgender patients and it wasn't a problem.   Going to the beautician also helps with the confidence of passing.
  •  

Katie.D

There is a chemical facial depilitory, Magic shaving cream - it's formulated primarily for black men who have problems with razor bumps after shaving.  It really doesn't do much to clear the folicles so you still have beard shadow and regrowth.
Don't use nail on your face :o
You'll live to regret it, but you won't want to
  •  

Janet_Girl

Tried that and burnt the heck out of my face.  The only thing that I have found is use and electric and Elecrta-Shave first.  Then use a disposable razor for touch up.  Lasts a long time.

Blessed Be
Janet
  •