Started by tekla, November 25, 2009, 04:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekla

FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

lizbeth

•  

tekla

Who knew she was that talented?  I did, but I saw here a few years ago when she was doing the gay circuit.  Reminded me of going to see Morris Day and the Time in a small club and watching some guy named Prince wearing only black bikini undies open and having my friend turn to me and say "He's not bad, he might make it."

Last year she was lucky to get a good night in a small club, now she is selling out huge arenas.
  •  

lizbeth

I was going with diversity more than talent. I don't think anyone would argue that she is talentless.

that must have been something to see prince when he was a nobody. I saw morris day and the time sort of start their comeback with prince at coachella. kind of like you seeing prince for the first time but in reverse (ok, not really, but I wanted to relate haha)
  •  

Lachlann

Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

tekla

Hey, always go see the show from the beginning, you never know what you might miss.  Back in the day, at the same club, The Stone in SF we all went to see Talking Heads, the opening act was a British Trio and we all liked them but thought they were dorks for calling themselves The Police.
  •  

Hannah

Well it is kind of a silly name  :police:
  •  

insanitylives

Okay. I'm using this video on the next  person who tries to say she hasn't got tallent.

If anyone's not sure if this is for real, watch how she moves while playing. it's actually kinda funny to watch her hands while she's playing.
  •  

tekla

she hasn't got tallent.

She taught herself to play piano, by ear, at age 4.  Heck, she was all of 11 (yeah, that's right eleven) when she was accepted at the Juilliard School in Manhattan.  I seriously doubt that if we rounded up all the musical talent on this board, stuck it all in one person, that it would be enough to get into Juilliard, much less at at age like 11.  She didn't go at that time, but was granted early enrollment (before she was out of high school) at the 17 at the Tisch School of the Arts at NYU, a school that only accepts one in five people that apply.

In addition to a monster hit record, top rated videos she's about to launch a fashion line.

And she loves here fans.  The other day Rihanna let her fans wait in the rain for over three hours before she could be bothered to get to the signing.  Yesterday, this is what happened at the Lady Gaga signing.
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/pizza-girl-lady-gaga_1123469

Oh yeah, talent only had one 'l'.
  •  

insanitylives

read the whole thing next time, before you decided to pick on something that's not what I said
Thanks.
  •  

Lachlann

I find a lot of people who do a lot of 'no talent' accusing know very little about music or the arts in general. Hard work can replicate the results that talent does anyway. Not to mention, you can be really good at technical singing but be a bad performer. There's a lot more to the arts than being technically good.
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

Shadowlyc

I very much like this video. Thanks for sharing.
  •