Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Pro-Family Advocate Blasts Schools Allowing Cross-Gender Enrollment

Started by LostInTime, October 25, 2006, 02:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

article

The LaHaye Institute fellow feels this unfortunate agenda is a component of a broader postmodern campaign by radical feminists, who promote the idea that sexuality is a socially constructed reality and gender is something that is fluid rather than fixed. "And this is something that has been driven by the left for a number of years," she says.

----------------
Wonder how this group will vote in the upcoming elections.  ;)

•  

Melissa

Pro-family?  In other words they are for an increase in population?  Whatever.  I think we have enough "procreational families" already.

Melissa
  •  

Ricki

even worse i think we have the youngest - most reckless generation of young people that have little to no concern about procreation and its impact.. Fatherless children, girls (babies) raising babies funded by the federal government or state governments!  No concept of family or all that?  young men (i guess we'll say normal boys) with no concept of integrity, responsibility or fatherhood ideals for a child -------- impregnating girls.. Agghhhhh
Its a wonder i was smart enough to recognize my issues know fathering children would be a disaster let alone trying to marrry... Thank godness i never married or brought children into the word, but worse I had and have this fear that the possibility exists that i would make a child that is transgendered.. I would not be able to tolerate myself had i carried on a gene such as that!
  •  

Laurry

Quote"sexuality is a socially constructed reality and gender is something that is fluid rather than fixed"

Is this truly the position of "radical feminists" or is it a misinterpretation by the folks at LaHaye?  In either case, not sure I agree with that statement (or else I have terms confused...easy enough to do)

I understand sexuality to be your sexual preferrence - Hetero, Bi or Homo, and gender to be Male, Female, or Androgyne (some place in between-not necessarily equal parts, or neither).

Seems to me, whatever your gender, you are either sexually attracted to men, women, both or neither.  I don't believe this changes although you may learn to appreciate (and participate in "relations" with) others sexes.

I also don't believe your gender changes.  You are what you are, regardless of the body in which you were born.  If your gender is female, and you are attracted to men, you are Hetero.  If your gender is female and you are attracted to women, you are Homo.  If you are an Androgyne, and you are attracted to women and other Androgynes, I guess that makes you Bi?

I have read comments here from some MtoF's that later in transistion, they begin to start thinking differently about men, so I may be wrong in my belief that sexuallity doesn't change.  I would submit that, possibly, it doesn't change unless something happens to alter the normal course of hormones (HRT, castration, hysterectomy).

In any case, I think that the folks at LaHaye, while honestly meaning well, may be a little politically or fundingly motivated, and are playing to the uninformed masses.  Hopefully they aren't the bigots their statements seem to imply.

......Laurie
Ya put your right foot in.  You put your right foot out.  You put your right foot in and you shake it all about.  You do the Andro-gyney and you turn yourself around.  That's what it's all about.
  •  

nonie

Someone needs to tell those people that gender and sexual orientation are separate entities.
  •  

LostInTime

Religious conservatives appear unable and/or unwilling to seperate sex from gender.
  •  

jaded

ricki i think i worried about the kids having the "trans gene"  aswell good to hear so else thinks like i do well somewhat
  •  

Ricki

Jaded, i am glad you said that cause i was beginning to wonder if i was one of the few who thought this way?  Honestly i love kids (mostly, with a wry smile changing diapers is no fun hehe)
but the thought of bearing kids and having one of my children ts or is or anything like gender in issues would detsroy me its bad enough i've had this life put on me, but to carry it on through one of my children?
I wonder if there is even a statistic out there for this?  I was engaged for quite a few years and the girls parents were deaf and she always worried about her kids being deaf if she had children?  Turned out both her and her sister have had kids neither deaf but the one maybe is worse off with severe autism.. Sad...
I dunno but for that erason i worry about donating blood and stuff too!
R
  •