Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do you live alone?

Started by Hannah, December 07, 2009, 11:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee D

Quote from: Cindy James on March 31, 2012, 01:59:31 AM
It was a discussion point with my therapist that was I 'hiding' by living alone. I didn't and don't think so. Thoughts?
I don't think so, unless there are other things to indicate it. Living alone on its own wouldn't do it.
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I live alone (well with my two cats), because I live in a very small trailer.  I only have a part time job so I can not afford to go out. 

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Renee D

I think I'm a bit weird, I live alone in a three bedroom house and I sleep on the couch.
  •  

Hayzer12

I'm a college student, and I live with a roommate in a 2 bedroom apartment. I'm with people most of the time, but I like the privacy of being able to go to my room with no one bothering me. I have to be by myself a lot... and on weekends, I enjoy every minute of having the apartment to myself. I have always needed my own space and privacy, and right now... I have made the mistake of living with a LONELY GIRL who has basically no friends. She means well, and I really like having her as a friend. She's very supportive, and I enjoy her company.. but she hits on me every chance she gets, despite me having a girlfriend, and is talking crazy about moving with me to NY next year.

Right now, I would much rather live by myself.
  •  

Felix

Quote from: Cindy James on March 31, 2012, 01:59:31 AM
It was a discussion point with my therapist that was I 'hiding' by living alone. I didn't and don't think so. Thoughts?
Who does your therapist expect you to live with?
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

justmeinoz

Cindy, given your circumstances I think it is entirely understandable.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Naturally Blonde

No, but sometimes I think it might be nice to please yourself. I have an  irritating partner and we have several dogs which I find comforting!
Living in the real world, not a fantasy
  •  

cacasca

I live with my brother and mother. I wish I had my own apartment.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Hannah on December 07, 2009, 11:25:07 PM
Do you prefer the company of others or would you just as soon be left alone?

I live with 2 other women in our house, it's an all female household here. I prefer it that way, I like being "just one of the girls", and we share things. I enjoy the company, and like being around other people most always. We have pet birds here, they are chatty too, if the girls are out somewhere, the birds and our kitty keep me company. Sometimes a little solitude out on the trail hiking is a good thing....

Good topic

C-
  •  

Kylo

I don't live alone. I have lived alone before and I went a little crazy with complete isolation.

But, I also don't like company all the time. I need a lot of space from other people.

I suppose I have a good balance here. I have my own space and time, but there is someone to interact with if I want to. There are very few "requirements" we place on each other. I'm a night owl for work and have the place to myself during the day. Sharing space with someone who knows your ways and will leave you to it, is a blessing when you have lived with many irritating/invasive/inconsiderate people like I have before.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •